Booted again

jdorval

Punk buster keeps booting me from any BF 2 server and i dont know why they say I have : Inadequate O/S priveleges!!! What the hell does that mean!!! I am set as the admin on my computer and i know know what to do please help me. I have contacted EA and the have told me nothing. I really want to play this game please help.

Derpressed BF 2 Fan.

Justin

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

Press 'Guardian.reg'.

Press 'User Agent'.

Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.

If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

i tried disabling my spyware and antivirus programs, then running the game but still get kicked for the inadaquate OS priv... i also tried the Find VX2.betterinternet program provided in the link but my system came up clean.

when i start the game and press ~ theres a line in yellow that says

" Punkbuster Server: Punkbuster Server (v0.995 | A0 C0.0) **DISABLED**"

this is in yellow text and the other 3 lines about PB are all in blue, i believe thats part of the problem, but am to newb 2 know, plz help if u can

go to www.evenbalance.com and download pbweb.exe file. Put that file inside your pb folder that is located in the ea games bf2 directory. When its there click on it. when done ckick on it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Hendrik

Guys - one of my senior members all of sudden started to get a similar kick after 5 mins of play. He downloaded and used pbweb.exe 3 times and still no joy. One of the other chaps sent him his complete PB folder and all worked fine for him.

So give that a try chaps if the link from Hendrik does not work :)