Changing IP & Port

rhinogobius

Hi streaming BC2 server for past few months no problems and 7 bans recorded :D. My ISP needs to swap my server to another machine so would have new IP & Port . Can you tell me best way to go about swapping PB stream, what files do i need to change and how? Also what do i need to do on this site in server management etc and will i loose our count of 7 bans?

Any help appreciated as not had to do this before.

run auto setup on new server

add the new one to your account

delete the old server

Quick response thanks!

Didn't have much luck with auto setup originally as kept loosing stream. As they will copy server to new machine PB files will stay intact so do i need to edit any of them?

i would just try adding it on your account and see how it goes first

*edit*

and you never know. they might just install the game and tell you they transferred everything

Edited by HSMagnet

As HSMagnet said:

- Run the Automated Hub Setup webtool on new server;

- Delete old from team account;

- Add new to team account.

Until your new server is on the account we can only speculate about possible streaming issues (which is pointless).

As HSMagnet said:

- Run the Automated Hub Setup webtool on new server;

- Delete old from team account;

- Add new to team account.

Until your new server is on the account we can only speculate about possible streaming issues (which is pointless).

Ok done all that its shows streaming Never on new server- so does it just need your admins approval? If so is how long do i wait to see if that is the problem?

Thanks.

Server Approved - Correct Server IP/Port, but still not streaming.

banner_560x95.png?random=577240

Can you run the automated hub setup again and paste the output of the applet in this thread?

OK re ran and here it is:

INIT] Opening connection ...

[MSG] Connection opened

[MSG] Remote console driver does not return result. Performing blind setup.

[MSG] Creating pbucon.use file ( pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use )

[MSG] Restarting PB ( pb_sv_restart )

[MSG] Waiting 30 seconds for PB to restart

[MSG] Setting sessions limit ( pb_sv_usessionlimit 8 )

[MSG] Adding ucon profile for PBBans Hub ( pb_sv_uconadd 1 208.122.49.138 pbbhub1 pbbanshub )

[MSG] Setting pbbans.dat autoupdate ( pb_sv_autoupdban 1 )

[MSG] Adding heartbeat task ( pb_sv_task 0 3600 pb_sv_ver )

[MSG] Saving settings into pbsv.cfg ( pb_sv_writecfg )

[MSG] No error occured during setup. Server should be ready to stream

[MSG] Closing connection ...

[MSG] Connection closed

OK re ran and here it is:

INIT] Opening connection ...

[MSG] Connection opened

[MSG] Remote console driver does not return result. Performing blind setup.

[MSG] Creating pbucon.use file ( pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use )

[MSG] Restarting PB ( pb_sv_restart )

[MSG] Waiting 30 seconds for PB to restart

[MSG] Setting sessions limit ( pb_sv_usessionlimit 8 )

[MSG] Adding ucon profile for PBBans Hub ( pb_sv_uconadd 1 208.122.49.138 pbbhub1 pbbanshub )

[MSG] Setting pbbans.dat autoupdate ( pb_sv_autoupdban 1 )

[MSG] Adding heartbeat task ( pb_sv_task 0 3600 pb_sv_ver )

[MSG] Saving settings into pbsv.cfg ( pb_sv_writecfg )

[MSG] No error occured during setup. Server should be ready to stream

[MSG] Closing connection ...

[MSG] Connection closed

Just looked at pbucon.use on server and it has all these cmd lines except , pb_sv_uconadd 1 208.122.49.138 pbbhub1 pbbanshub

so i manually added line - is that right?

Just looked at pbucon.use on server and it has all these cmd lines except , pb_sv_uconadd 1 208.122.49.138 pbbhub1 pbbanshub

so i manually added line - is that right?

The pbucon.use file's contents don't matter, it just has to exist. :)

Since server still isn't streaming, try: http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#bc2gui

~

/*Pisi*/

The pbucon.use file's contents don't matter, it just has to exist. :)

Since server still isn't streaming, try: http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#bc2gui

~

/*Pisi*/

Ok spend ages reading all this checking files etc all seems ok. I have even deleted all files and recreated. Nothing works - i had this the first time i set up streaming with you guys and took weeks to fix and loads of posts so i knew it would happen again :(.

Anyone here remember what you have to do to get Multiplay server in BC2 to stream.

If you need assistance setting up your server to stream, we would be happy to help you out. Just pm one of us staff members with a separate login for your tcadmin, if you have one, and we will see what we can do.

If you need assistance setting up your server to stream, we would be happy to help you out. Just pm one of us staff members with a separate login for your tcadmin, if you have one, and we will see what we can do.

I just tried replacing files with exact files from when server streamed off old IP and still no joy , so I pretty sure files are correct as worked in past as we had active bans.

Sounds more like a UCON issue to me. Did your RSP re-install the server? Usually that fixes it.

Ok so i tried all i could think of , then i looked at my previous bans on this site and see that old server was set up on server IP address not IP address + admin port which is how i did new server. So I guess this is my mistake. I have deleted server and added again on new IP address not with admin port number. Please approve so I can see if that is what was wrong.

Thanks.

UPDATE - server streaming now , so if stays alive then problem solved and a lesson learnt (i hope grrr my old brain!)

Edited by rhinogobius