Question regarding ban removal

UberTiger

Hello,

I purchased a game of COD4 from ebay last month when I was feeling nostalgic on a whim as I wanted to play it again. What do you know, it turned out to be a banned copy which I found out about an hour after installing it.

I know, I know, stupid decision but I hadn't gamed online in a while and I didn't even consider it might be banned.

A friend referred me to your site saying that if I provide my information I may be able to get it revoked as I'm worried my guid is linked to my PC plus my IP address has been logged and I might have trouble when Black Ops comes out?

The original ban on the disk/serial was from back in 2008. I can provide links/screenshots of my ebay purchase plus transcripts of communication I've had with the seller and eBay about this, plus a thread I originally posted on another forum when I first discovered the ban.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section but is anyone able to help me out or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

Edited by UberTiger

This is the ban you are referring to?

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-46f7a863-vb52333.html

If so, then you will have to buy a new copy of the game from a retailer, not eBay. You should contact eBay and tell them you bought the game and it already has a banned CD-Key and would like a refund.

Wow, yes it is.

This is the original thread I posted on another forum.

EDIT: Saw your update, That's fine, can you please confirm for me that I won't have any trouble if I get a legit key code for cod 4 and I shouldn't have any issues when using Punkbuster with any other games?

Edited by UberTiger

Wow, yes it is.

This is the original thread I posted on another forum.

EDIT: Saw your update, That's fine, can you please confirm for me that I won't have any trouble if I get a legit key code for cod 4 and I shouldn't have any issues when using Punkbuster with any other games?

I cannot speak for other clans (some like to be a little...over-zealous with the background checks) - but with the most basic of research it is possible to see that you did not cause that ban. I don't envisage that you would have any problems though.

On another note, when someone signs up to this site - they go through a number of background checks for the simple reason that we give cheaters absolutely nothing here (besides the right of appeal obviously), not even a standard member account. The fact that your account has not been restricted means that we have found no reason to suspect you of cheating. :)

Leave some bad feedback or even try and get your money back - the guy sold you dodgy goods.