PB a real dissapointment

RedRobbo

Last 8 digits removed - cheers

/me screams :eek:

Never ever give anyone your game cd key.

What we are trying to establish here is what your new PBGUID is.

I explained in a post on page 1 how to get your PBGUID.

Here it is again;

To find out what your COD4 PBGUID is, the easiest way is;

Join a PB enabled CoD4 server.

Open your console (by default the ` key)

Type /pb_myguid into the console window for a full 32-digit GUID

or /pb_plist for the last 8-digits of your GUID

removed

THATS YOUR CD KEY !!! Not your PB GUID......it even says ON THE MANUAL that that is your CD key !!

Fozzer wrote:

Join a PB enabled Server

open your console (by default the ` key)

Type /pb_myguid into the windoe for the full 32 digit GUID

or /pb_list for the last 8 digits of your GUID

okay..if that just too complicated...try this...

go to http://www.myipaddress.com/

Give us the IP address that shows and your current game name so we can try to find you that way.

Edited by fozzer
no personal insults please

OK -finally manged to get a on a server (that would let me)- with the NEW Game (different CD key to the 2nd hand copy) it is exactly the same as the banned GUIDPB or whatever its called. Last 8 digits are ef3b9424. I dont understand how its attached itself to the new CD key / Game / my machine? IP related? - I had been advised to get a new modem etc Any ideas? Without appearing like I am crying - what is the CD key for that comes with each game? Cheers

OK -finally manged to get a on a server (that would let me)- with the NEW Game (different CD key to the 2nd hand copy) it is exactly the same as the banned GUIDPB or whatever its called. Last 8 digits are ef3b9424. I dont understand how its attached itself to the new CD key / Game / my machine? IP related? - I had been advised to get a new modem etc Any ideas? Without appearing like I am crying - what is the CD key for that comes with each game? Cheers

It seems you messed up your re-install of cod4.

Do a complete re-install and make sure that you are entering your new game CD key when prompted.

This will, in turn, generate a new PBGUID.

The PBGUID of your banned copy of the game is 9503ff6af5f26e1c171cf4d2ef3b9424

After a fresh install your new PBGUID will be totally different.

You can check it in the same way you just have by;

Joining a PB enabled CoD4 server.

Open your console (by default the ` key)

Type /pb_myguid into the console window for a full 32-digit GUID

or /pb_plist for the last 8-digits of your GUID

Once you get the install correct and you have established that you have a brand new PBGUID, you should be good to go.

Thanks Fozzer. I had actually done what you mention but will give it a go again. Admin from NNB mentioned about getting a new modem (diff IP) or do you think this is a red herring? cheers

Thanks Fozzer. I had actually done what you mention but will give it a go again. Admin from NNB mentioned about getting a new modem (diff IP) or do you think this is a red herring? cheers

Any talk about an IP is, well to put it nicely, rubbish :P

All bans issued are based on PBGUID and PBGUID alone.

First, if you have a new CD-Key, then follow this:

********************************Follow This First!********************************

Go into your game > Click on "Options" > Then click on "Multiplayer Options" > Then click on "Enter Key Code" and make sure you enter the code from the new CD, not the old one > SAVE!

********************************Follow This First!********************************

Then, do me a favor and join my COD4 server here: 206.217.129.82:28930

There may not be any players in it, but, it will let us know all the stuff we need to move further. Just stay in for about a minute or two then you can leave.By doing that you will allow us to find your new PB GUID.

• Upvote 1

Fozzer, Taz - great name by the way - named my first daughter Tasmia so she would be called Taz ; ) - will try and do this tonight - havent forgotten - alot of other stuff going on ref my first post - cheers and THX for your efforts. I am amazed at the fact that you guys do this for free when Activiosn makes Millions of the game sales (I

hope you guys at least got free copies!) - Last time anyone worked for free and got grief from unsattisfied customers like myself - they went on strike....

Gents, the last bit of advice seems to of done the trick - with the previous help of checking the GUID last 8 digit I am now seeing different code of ofdf3b3e and NOT the banned ef3b9424. I noticed that when I went into the multipler options, it originally showed a completely different CD key to my new one, typed in my new one, shut down the game , re-opened and the new one held. Went on the NNB server and its running fine now! Phew. I definately uninstalled old game and any files, reloaded new game with new key originally but somehow went back to old banned key. Maybe worth mentioning that in future - dont trust a new install!!! - Instead, your advice of going to multiplayer options and loading and validating key changes it.... Anyway - moving on. Thank you guys so much - got there in the end. I will appologise for going on a lot - I had a lot of frustration and anger to my predicament BUT you guys saw through that and stuck with me - commendable. Cheers again and happy cheat free hunting - maybe see you on the NNB server sometime? Now a happy Bunny:)

Fozzer, Taz - great name by the way - named my first daughter Tasmia so she would be called Taz ; ) - will try and do this tonight - havent forgotten - alot of other stuff going on ref my first post - cheers and THX for your efforts. I am amazed at the fact that you guys do this for free when Activiosn makes Millions of the game sales (I

hope you guys at least got free copies!) - Last time anyone worked for free and got grief from unsattisfied customers like myself - they went on strike....

Activision would rather give us grief than free copies of their games. And that is a nice name for your daughter. :)