How does pb deny cought players

Catchy

Hello

Yesterday me and my clan mate came across a cheater on our server and had to ban him manually. My clan mate says "Well hes not on PBBANS" after checking master ban index, well ofcourse hes not, I said, because then he would never been on our server. He disagreed and we dscussed back and forth how the banning works with pbbans and I got very unsure. My clan mate said that the bans had to be in our ban list, but theres almost none there and we have seen from live feed people getting banned all the time, so in that case the list should be pretty long. Also we cant have every person ever banned in our ban list.

Does the server check if the player is banned in the master pbbans ban list while someone joins? And if hes not in the master ban index the cheater isnt cought yet by pbbans right?

-Catchy

depends on which flags you have enabled

enforce bans checks every player attempting to join your server. if they are on the MBi, the ban is added to your pbbans.dat and they are banned from your server. to me, this is the preferred flag

accept bans flag adds bans to your pbbans.dat when the are issued. which is trying to keep every ban ever in your file

Hello!

It all depends on the flags you have set in your AccountPanel for your server(s):

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html

Hub Flags

The PBBans Hub uses a permissions system called Hub Flags. This is used to customize Hub features for servers connected to the Hub. These flags are broken down to three categories: Log Forwarding, League Settings, and PBBans Options.

PBBans Options

These flags are for PBBans related options.

Enforce Bans - The Hub will check guids of the connecting players against the MBI. If a match is found, it issues a ban command. If your co-admin empties your banlist, a caught cheater will not be able to join the server. This may also help to reduce lag on your server.1

Accept PB Bans - Hub will send a ban command to the server every time a GUID is added to the MBi for an EvenBalance violation. You should untick this option if new bans cause lag spikes and you ticked 'Enforce Bans' 2

Accept MD5 Bans - Hub will send a ban command to the server every time a GUID is added to the MBi for a MD5Tool check violation. You should untick this option if new bans cause lag spikes and you ticked 'Enforce Bans' 2

Accept CVAR Bans - Hub will send a ban command to the server every time a GUID is added to the MBi for a CVAR violation. You should untick this option if new bans cause lag spikes and you ticked 'Enforce Bans' 2

Announce New Bans - Allows a ban message to be sent to your server when a player is banned. 5

Enable Hub Bind Queries - Allows Hub to send bind queries to the server

External Bans

These flags are for External Ban list functions.

Enforce EBL - Level 1 - Hub will check GUID of connecting player against the External Bans List (Level 1 AC Sites). If hub finds the GUID, it issues a kick command.

Enforce EBL - Level 2 - Hub will check GUID of connecting player against the External Bans List (Level 2 AC Sites). If hub finds the GUID, it issues a ban command.

Enforce Bans does a global job of the Accept * Bans flags, but most importantly enforces bans.

Accept * Bans without Enforce Bans allows you to specifically accept different types of bans but doesn't enforce.