Rage

MaydaX

Looks pretty damn good, but damn has it been awhile. Wiki says it was officially announced in 2007. I remember seeing some screen shots for this a long time ago and completely forgot about it.

I even watched a video of the RAGE HD mobile app and never even made the connection. Really excited for it, and I'm glad its come this far. I'm a big fan of the Fallout series and this just looks like a completely different twist that I would really enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

The game does look good but the first few seconds of gameplay put me off straight away, I'll keep an eye on this but completely blinding a player with that stuff that was on the screen does not appeal to me in any game.

Full vision when in any battle is a must, their is no need to blind a player just make the boss harder to kill!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-LsvYntgL4

Want to mod Rage? Good. Speaking to PC Gamer at a recent press event, Id Creative Director Tim Willits revealed that the PC version of Rage will support modding and level design right out of the box. All you need to do, says Tim, is "Pull down the console, type 'id studio', then press enter. Then, bam, there's all the tools we use."

As for what you'll be creating, that's a little trickier; Id's technology has moved on since you could fit 100′s of Doom levels on a CD. "Building levels from scratch is more difficult," says Tim, "because we have a layer system in some of the levels. I can foresee somebody modding up Wellspring (a town in-game) and adding different characters, giving them different voice-over." But if you've got the development skills to use it, the level editor will be there. "It's built into the engine," says Tim.

Will you be creating levels for Rage? Do let us know. We'll try and feature the best mods when Rage launches in September.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/rage-to-ship-with-full-level-editor-id-studio/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...