CoD4 Server Blacklisted

DPG_Bojangles

Hello, I was trying to add a new server to be setup for streaming and it listed as blacklisted. We have setup streaming for this IP/Port before.

The IP is 66.225.232.195 and Port is 28960.

Can you please remove it from the blacklist? Thanks!

Yah sorry meant .196 :)

What do you mean, it is on the MPi? It is one of the 5 IPs we have for our server, no games are played on it, the box doesn't even have anything more than a lousy dedicated Intel graphics card haha.

Edited by DPG_Bojangles

any IP that appears on the MPi has been used to play games sometime in the past. that generally means that the server is not in a datacenter.

one of the streaming requirements is that the IP not appear on the MPi

any IP that appears on the MPi has been used to play games sometime in the past. that generally means that the server is not in a datacenter.

one of the streaming requirements is that the IP not appear on the MPi

The server is in a datacenter located in Chicago and the host is Velocity. We've been staged there in a co-location environment with the IP address range of 66.225.232.194-198 from July 2009 through present.

I looked on the MPi that the violation occurred on January of this year, so it would have to have been while the IP address was under our "control".. for example this ban:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-2d546d05-vb127562.html

The user had IP addresses from France, yet remarkably we are on the only American IP that was used..?

Is there a way we can get this IP removed from the MPi, as we lease this IP address and plan on leasing it indefinitely? We have over 1,100 bans associated with our servers from streaming with PBBans and want to continue to use PBBans in the future.

Edited by DPG_Bojangles

We won't/can't edit the MPi, I believe there is a kill off period for streaming servers which appear on the MPi but I believe it's 2 years after the last violation.

We won't/can't edit the MPi, I believe there is a kill off period for streaming servers which appear on the MPi but I believe it's 2 years after the last violation.

So we're pretty much screwed, because of something we didn't even do? :(

I don't understand why this IP is an issue, when we host other servers off the other IP addresses and they are not showing up on the MPi when they run the same management plugins as the blacklisted IP address does.

Between August 04, 2011 and January 27, 2011 the IP appears on the MPi in excess of ~25,600 times.

Personally it seems like a bug to me... but still the IP is on the MPi.

Between August 04, 2011 and January 27, 2011 the IP appears on the MPi in excess of ~25,600 times.

Personally it seems like a bug to me... but still the IP is on the MPi.

It sounds like it was misreporting itsself as the player's IP address?

We have had over 200,000 unique GUIDs connect on our CoD4 servers which are on .194, .195 and .198 and over 100,000 unique GUIDs connect to our CoD5 servers on .194, .196 and .197. We go through a lot of players everyday, so having that many hits as a bug wouldn't surprise me at all and would actually seem low.