Enforce Cross Game Bans

MaydaX

• 4 weeks later...

Will there be an option to search for banned EA GUID's ?

Also is there a way to find a players EA GUID from a PB GUID ?

• 5 months later...

Games that share the same PB GUID are:

- Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Guess we've seen now this is not correct anymore.

Too bad EA / DICE / EB did not listen. It would have been helpful.

Edited by EBassie

Guess we've seen now this is not correct anymore.

Too bad EA / DICE / EB did not listen. It would have been helpful.

Actually they did. The EA_GUID (The one rcon tools use) are the same. It's an issue with PB.

Sharing PB GUIDs = sharing bans across games. It was done for BC2 and MoH2010 but was also the same for BF3 during the beta. However it changed with the retail release and by the time they wound be able to change it there was a lot of bans so they left it as it was.

• Upvote 1

ea_guid is worthless for our purposes
Maybe in the short term, but surely not in the long term. EA_GUIDs aren't going anywhere. It makes sense to support them now in their infancy.

The way I see it in my head (though I maybe incorrect):-

PB_GUID = tied to a game

EA_GUID = tied to an Origin account

And as far as I know games don't share PB_GUIDs but they do share EA_GUIDs. Extra layer of anti-cheat, no?

PB can't see EA_GUID's and PB generates a PB GUID based on either the EA_GUID itself or the same id that us used to generate the EA_GUID.

All references to EA_GUID on PBBans refers to the PB GUID in some EA games and not the EA_GUID id that is found in rcon for Frostbite based games. I may rename that soon to avoid confusion.

BC2 and MoH2010 share the same PB GUID.

• Upvote 2

PB can't see EA_GUID's and PB generates a PB GUID based on either the EA_GUID itself or the same id that us used to generate the EA_GUID.

All references to EA_GUID on PBBans refers to the PB GUID in some EA games and not the EA_GUID id that is found in rcon for Frostbite based games. I may rename that soon to avoid confusion.

BC2 and MoH2010 share the same PB GUID.

Taken from the MoH:W documentation:-

Accounts, soldier names, and GUIDs

Every MoHW PC player has exactly one EA account. The player has exactly one soldier name.

The PunkBuster GUID is tied to the EA account. So is the “EA GUID”.

The PB GUID is used with all PB-services, while the EA GUID is used with any non-PB related functions in the game server.

PunkBuster GUIDs are 32-digit hexstrings.

EA GUIDs are the prefix “EA_” followed by a 32-digit hexstring

Guess we have a definite answer.

• Upvote 1

Well put singh,I think we all understand what they are and their function.

It does not change the fact however that PB cant see EA GUID's in a context that is useful.

Seems 1.866 for MoHW fixed the PB GUID and it now matches the BF3 PB GUID

Right, okay.

Now then, I've got a question.

Banned player from MoH:W: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-f1445f49-vb278639.html

But the same player on BF3 still shows as clean?

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/mpi-guid-search-f1445f49-41.html&showLG=yes&showAT=yes&safeview=yes

Shouldn't they be linked on the MBi now? And that PB_GUID should show up as banned for both games?

It won't show as banned. If he enters a server that has the cross game flag enabled he will be kicked.

Shouldn't it at least show a link under link GUIDs or something similar? I think it would be something worth adding, as it looks like more and more games will be sharing PB_GUIDs.
  • Upvote 2