Need hardware unbanned

suddenly

Hello everyone, I recently bought a pc off the internet with a couple of games including Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 1942.

All of these games seem to have a hardware ban on them.

What do I have to do to unban my new hardware? Did this guy just trick me? I cant get my money back I think :-(

Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks!

Hardware Ban is related to hardware as is mentioned in its name. Once you get HW ban , your computer is banned in every game that PB supports . NEVER BUY PC VIA eBay . There is no way to lift your ban . You have to buy new PC

Hardware Ban is related to hardware as is mentioned in its name. Once you get HW ban , your computer is banned in every game that PB supports . NEVER BUY PC VIA eBay . There is no way to lift your ban . You have to buy new PC

what kind of crud is this?

This is not legal! You cannot ban property because of something someone else did! You are wrong! I did not ever use any cheats against you guys! I have the proof that I bought this hardware fairly!

What is your official answer/statement on this question sir? Are you legally allowed to ban hardware that has been sold and been bought by a person who has not used this hardware for cheating?

Also I would like to know what right evenbalance has gathering hardware information from people's computers such as hardware serial numbers etc.

I know that by law it is illegal to collect and to use such information to incriminate people on the basis of such information. It is also most certainly illegal to incriminate another person for the deeds of another -and- who has been fully unaware of acts committed by another person than himself.

I therefore request an unbannishment on all of my hardware.

Please also an official answer on this!

Thanks! :)

Edited by suddenly

An official answer on this? The "used" computer was probably sold for a reason. You just happen to be the lucky one who purchased it. Regardless of who has possession of the computer and if they cheated or not....PunkBuster detected that a cheat was used on that computer. EvenBalance subsequently issued a Global Hardward ban. You should be careful who you buy your computers from.

Have you tried submitting a trouble ticket to EvenBalance?

what kind of crud is this?

This is not legal! You cannot ban property because of something someone else did! You are wrong! I did not ever use any cheats against you guys! I have the proof that I bought this hardware fairly!

Let se this in another way.....you buy a used car from a guy trough a specialized magazine, the car was a stolen car, or was used in a crime..........what will happen to the car when you get checked by the police and they discover that????

Let se this in another way.....you buy a used car from a guy trough a specialized magazine, the car was a stolen car, or was used in a crime..........what will happen to the car when you get checked by the police and they discover that????

this pc was not stolen, but legally BOUGHT. Face it guys I have a good point here and there is not even anyone here that can prove to me I'm wrong.

I contacted evenbalance but they locked my ticket and refused to answer me:

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/u...sage=new_ticket

They cant handle the truth. I am planning on getting legal advice on this issue because I strongly feel my rights as a lawful owner of a pc are being broken. I have never agreed to any license what so ever.

I know I am right and there isn't anything anyone dare to say about it, even Evenbalance!

They're busted! Plain and simple.

By agreeing with PunkBuster's EULA, the seller allowed the actual computer to be hardware-banned if he was cheating. He got busted and the computer became useless (to gamers at least). So he decided to get rid of it by selling on eBay or somewhere. Therefore, he knowingly sold you a useless computer.

It is sort like knowingly selling a bad or broken car (a lemon) to a buyer. Its the seller at fault, not EvenBalance.

Plus, EvenBalance banned the computer, not you. They are not stopping you from using other computers to play on PB-enabled server. EvenBalance just don't like the computer itself (which is the one that violated the EULA in the first place).

However, I would be very interested to see how this goes in court.

Also I would like to know what right evenbalance has gathering hardware information from people's computers such as hardware serial numbers etc.

I know that by law it is illegal to collect and to use such information to incriminate people on the basis of such information. It is also most certainly illegal to incriminate another person for the deeds of another -and- who has been fully unaware of acts committed by another person than himself.

They're gathering hashes of hardware . No one can get information about your PC from hash because it works only in one way.

And who gave them right? You and your predecessor by accepting EULA. The one who had your PC before agreed to be checked and banned if PB hack is detected. He was cheating and was HW banned. You have accepted EULA too. You've connected to PB enabled server . PB computed your HW GUID and checked in global ban database. It was found there so you were kicked . This all stands in PB's EULA. And if you haven't read PB EULA carefully, then its your problem.

The best is to conntact EB, because I have no right to speak in their name.

Next time you're buying PC via Internet , give there request that PC cannot HW banned or as I said before never buy it via internet.

Did this guy just trick me?

Yes he did, He sold you "broken" PC.

And as Dental said about that car. Even if you bought it legally and it was used in a crime , police can confiscate it.

By agreeing with PunkBuster's EULA, the seller allowed the actual computer to be hardware-banned if he was cheating. He got busted and the computer became useless (to gamers at least). So he decided to get rid of it by selling on eBay or somewhere. Therefore, he knowingly sold you a useless computer.

It is sort like knowingly selling a bad or broken car (a lemon) to a buyer. Its the seller at fault, not EvenBalance.

Plus, EvenBalance banned the computer, not you. They are not stopping you from using other computers to play on PB-enabled server. EvenBalance just don't like the computer itself (which is the one that violated the EULA in the first place).

However, I would be very interested to see how this goes in court.

I am not a lawyer so I can't say. But I know that a website that I got to very often has members who have the same problem. They are gathering resources to bring this issue up and file a complaint against evenbalance.com. According to them they are unlawfully using serials etc. and not pinning the serials to a certain person. this is where the gray area lies. this complaint in my opinion will lead to jurisprudence tha t will not allow hardware bans for any hardware in the future because it is impossible to pin it to one particular person.

Next time you're buying PC via Internet , give there request that PC cannot HW banned or as I said before never buy it via internet.

Yes he did, He sold you "broken" PC.

And as Dental said about that car. Even if you bought it legally and it was used in a crime , police can confiscate it.

Well, the pc is NOT broken. Even if my pc were a car and had been used in a crime the car (pc) still is technically capable of driving. The car will be returned to its rightful owner afterwards and and should be able to participate in traffic once again! You cannot undo the engine! It's even impossibel to do that!

I definitely have a good point here and I know that evenbalance is breaking certain laws here only I will wait the outcome of the soon to be filed complaint against evenbalance and then we will see who is punking who ;) I feel I have been robbed...

thanks all for your time and god bless...

Licensor grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use PunkBuster software only for non-commercial entertainment purposes. Licensee may not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, redistribute (in any form), create derivative works of, or modify PunkBuster software in any way. Licensor reserves the right to terminate the license at any time and for any reason, or no reason at all, and without notice to licensee. Additionally, upon breach of any term of this Agreement, the license granted under this Agreement shall automatically terminate without any additional notice to Licensee. Upon termination of the license, Licensee shall destroy all copies of PunkBuster software in Licensees possession.

Here is a part of EULA. I guess that you have no chance. :lol:

yes you've been robbed but not by evenbalance . it was guy that sold you pc .

well now you're short of words..lol I gues I am right :D

Here is a part of EULA. I guess that you have no chance. :lol:

to LICENSEE. I am not the licensee amigo :P I never agreed to any license. Thats my whole point.

This is gonna be cool to see, evenbalance having to lift hardware bans LOL :D

If you disagreed license and used PB , you've broken law mate.

And you still can play on non-PB servers

EULA

Bottom line remains that evenbalance will probably lose this case.

As long as I have my hardware unbanned soon. This is not about money anymore but about principle ;)

I agreed to the license yes, but did not agree to have my computer spoofed by evenbalance in the past by another user.

Well , they can hw ban you even if you do not cheat. HW ban according to EULA is way how to stop you to use PB.

And they can do it whenever they want to. So you can buy a new PC , install game and enable PB and get banned without reason.

Suddenly, Bottom line is you're fighting a losing battle. You can drag all kinds of legal matters into this as you like but you wont win. As stated so many times before Hardware bans will NOT be lifted end of.

I never agreed to any license. Thats my whole point.

When you installed the game/patches you agreed to the license as it's part of the install process.

Face it..

you've been robbed but not by evenbalance

Suddenly, Bottom line is you're fighting a losing battle. You can drag all kinds of legal matters into this as you like but you wont win. As stated so many times before Hardware bans will NOT be lifted end of.

When you installed the game/patches you agreed to the license as it's part of the install process.

Face it..

the reason why evenbalance gives hardware bans is because they are powerless against hacks. unfortunately I have been had :angry:

I didnt agree to have my hardware banned. By the way you are mising the bus on my point joung jedi, I said that it should be against the law to have people suffer for someone else's mistakes :P AND to let PB sniff around my pc looking for serials and hashing them for their own database. Thats what they will be charged with ;) you getting the picture now?

things have just gotten a little too far now. hey, you cant win em all

the reason why evenbalance gives hardware bans is because they are powerless against hacks. unfortunately I have been had mad.gif

I didnt agree to have my hardware banned. By the way you are mising the bus on my point joung jedi, I said that it should be against the law to have people suffer for someone else's mistakes tongue.gif AND to let PB sniff around my pc looking for serials and hashing them for their own database. Thats what they will be charged with wink.gif you getting the picture now?

things have just gotten a little too far now. hey, you cant win em all

If you dont accept HW GUIDS , you cannot use Punkbuster. Please READ EULA!!!

So whats your the problem then? You disagree with license , you cannot use PB , but you can still play on non-PB servers

the reason why evenbalance gives hardware bans is because they are powerless against hacks

LoL. If it were so , you wouldnt be banned

If you dont accept HW GUIDS , you cannot use Punkbuster. Please READ EULA!!!

So whats your the problem then? You disagree with license , you cannot use PB , but you can still play on non-PB servers

LoL. If it were so , you wouldnt be banned

are you illiterate?

I'm not the one that got caught.

I see your forum has only one track, so I'm not getting any help here.

thanks all for your time.

god bless ;)