Macintosh creating corupt PB Screenshots? what to do...

fortune

Originally Posted on Punkbusted.com:

Hello, I was wondering if there is a posibility of having corrupt pbss because I'm running SoF2 on a macintosh?

Let me explain a bit more. I play SoF2 from work on a Macintosh. My setup is a dual G5 with and ATI vid card and a dual monitor setup (when i launch the game one of the monitors shuts off.)

I've been playing on this infiltration server for a while and the admins had taken pb_ss of me and ended up banning me because they say that "Your PunkBuster screenshots are coming up blank"

They think that i'm trying to block pb from taking screen shots but I'm not.

So what do I do? why are my pb_ss coming up blank? and could me being on a mac have anything to do with this?

I'm trying to get copies of my actual screenshots to post on here and I will do so as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Response from forum admin Big_Al

It's a known Mac problem.

I'm sure there was a command that will fix it, the only problem is that i don't know what it is.

It was in the old forum before it went tits up.... if you pop over to the other site and track down SirRobHifi, he'll have the answer for you.

So I guess my question is does anyone know the command to fix this problem?

Thanks in adavance.

Edited by fortune

I did post a solution.......was to disable the dual processing for sof2, dont remember the cvar tho :( . I can tell you its client sided but i think it can be forced by the server...just not sure, i was on the impression pb fixed that already.

mRx,

Does that link have a solution? because for some reason I cant access the link. It brings me to an error message saying "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken." :(

I appreciate all the help guys. I hope this is something I can fix.

you guys rock ! thnx for the help I just added the command it to my config, requested the unban with the server admins and hopefully the next set of pbss they take will come out crystal clear.

Thanks again for all the help. :D

- fortune