BF3 Servers To Avoid

PartyPooper

Here's one to avoid like the plague... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/63cbd0ab-4272-49ee-b1f1-bc379ac3dc12/BACK2Karkand-extended-Tickets-1-p-start/

Currently run by a 10 yr old on a power trip (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/NotMyFaultYouSuk/stats/352594481/). Doesn't like being killed and hates a negative KDR. He was in the process of kicking another player because the player "knew where he was all the time" when I made the mistake of killing him one to many times so he tore up his party dress and kicked (poss banned) me from the server. I LOL'd so hard I had to stop playing and go to the toilet.

Pity BF3 doesn't have a function that allows players to permanently remove specific servers from the server browser so we don't ever make the mistake of joining them again.

Edited by PartyPooper

Just was on his server. Can not play to save himself. I too killed him too many times for his liking so he started server killing me.

Mum must have bought him a server for christmas after whinging like eric cartman that no one would play with him.

A player filter for tossers would be good. NotMyFaultYouSuk = hopeless

Hahaha he did the same to me (server killing) before I got kicked - that server should be banned from the ranking system. Pity there's no code of ethics Server Operators/Owners must sign and adhere to before being allowed to offer their server as a ranked one.

Well EA does have what it calls its "Rules Of Engagement" (RoE) which it it intended as a rule set for admins to adhere to when running a server.

They used to act when ppl acted in "violation" of these and it was reported to them (pistols/knives only servers etc)...*shrugs*

You could try reporting ther server to them and see what happens.

Thanks Kraxus187 but to be honest, very little I suspect. Obvious stat padding/knife servers are rarely closed down so I don't like the chances of getting anything done due to a childish admin who likes to throw tantrums when he's killed in game.

Add Digital Anarchy to the list. They use the !kill command to take vehicles from public players, cuss and flame in game chat, demand you pay to become a member if you want better treatment, and if you go to their forums to log a complaint then become severely abusive. A quick peek at their forums will show exactly what I mean. I haven't been back there since I posted my own complaint but I'm sure I got flamed pretty heavily.

They use the !kill command to take vehicles from public players,

Wow, that IS lame.

The only way to effect a change in their behaviour is for public players to vote with their feet and not visit these types of servers. This way, it becomes a simple choice for the server admin - either change their behaviour to attract more players to their server or bear the cost of an empty server every month.

Exactly my thoughts Party. I won't be back, and I'm letting my clan and all our regulars know, as well as a few places that might be interested. If people like that sort of thing, hey that's for them, but I feel people should know going in that their server is like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember in BF2 that if a server allowed stat padding, EA/DICE would blacklist the server, de-rank it and reset everyone's rank that joined the server. Do they still do that for this game?

i am betting no

Add Digital Anarchy to the list. They use the !kill command to take vehicles from public players, cuss and flame in game chat, demand you pay to become a member if you want better treatment, and if you go to their forums to log a complaint then become severely abusive. A quick peek at their forums will show exactly what I mean. I haven't been back there since I posted my own complaint but I'm sure I got flamed pretty heavily.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over how much a known cheater flames you on his circle-jerk board.

Edited by BOTA:X

Wow, I'm a member of a several different forums. And everywhere I go people name and shame that server as one of the worst servers in BF3. Luckily I've avoided it altogether.