Question about denied application.

TButt

Hi, I don't know where to post this so I apologize if this is the wrong place.

Quote:"

Your application has been denied for the following reason(s)

Reasons said:

• Website seems to have no viewable clan roster
  • Server information was not found on site
  • no apparent forum activity in several months"

I rushed the application as it was suggested to me that getting our server streaming was a simple process.

- The server we applied for is our server and it is from rackage.com

It is in use though it is not used a lot, a quick check on gametracker will show the usual suspects playing on it, most of them are friends as good if not better than clan members.

- The forum is mostly a place for friends to keep in touch, the ones that are not actively playing the rest of us are in touch via TS3 on a daily base and have no need for a forum.

More than a clan we are a group of friends that plays regularly, we are for the most part 30-40+ with familes and jobs and that s why we don't bother with clanning in the traditional way.

We certainly do not need a roster or a tag to know whether we play together or not.

I can't see what all the above has to do with trying to keep cheaters out of the game by trying to stream our server but the choice is yours.

I just wish I had known before taking the time to register here and apply.

Regards.

TB

all the requirements in place are there do to years of weeding out issues

the clan roster is for us. we do not let just anyone stream.we try to weed the riffraff out to prevent fake bans etc

part of the application is confirming that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and the Streaming Requirements

if you really are interested in anti cheat, there is much more involved that just a quick application and then forget it

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-application-requirements-t82423.html

Additionally you may wish to read this:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-requirements-t147669.html/

If you want to re-apply and don't want to waste your time filling in a form again only to be rejected, I am sure one of the account staff would happily look over the website again before you submit another app.

The benefits outweigh the hassle imo and ultimately the choice is actually yours. :)

all the requirements in place are there do to years of weeding out issues

the clan roster is for us. we do not let just anyone stream.we try to weed the riffraff out to prevent fake bans etc

part of the application is confirming that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and the Streaming Requirements

if you really are interested in anti cheat, there is much more involved that just a quick application and then forget it

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-application-requirements-t82423.html

Well I don't know what else to say,

I could get all the guys that are actively playing now (as well as a few others) to register on our forum and tell them to post on it, as well as stick a server banner there just to fullfill the application requirements but I will not waste my time (and my friends) to do something that serves no purpose at all.

My name TButt is what I use in game, check my friends list in the battlelog and you'll see my roster as well as my clan.

The following link to gametracker shows the first 12 players that are part of our BF3 posse.

If the above still leaves you in doubt whether we are riff rall or not then be it, I will live with that.

As far as me being interested in anticheat there is no doubt that I am, regardless of what you or anybody else think.

I m not sure what you mean by "there is much more involved that just a quick application and then forget it", it sounds like a slogan in the style of "A dog is for life not just for Christmas" except it is not as self explanatory.

After setting up streaming, beside maintaining the server as usual and visiting these forums to share views and knowledge about related topics, what else do you want your applicants to do?

- - -

@ Surfy:

I will leave it with you to decide, let me know if there is any point in me applying again or not.

Streaming is something that I would like to do but it s not an absolute necessity, as I mentioned before the server is usually only populated by friends entirely with at least one player with admin rights, who can kick/ban even on suspicion of dodginess.

I thought I would take the time to apply for streaming with PBBans to add another link (however small it may be) to the net to catch hackers.

If you need to contact me more directly pm me or whatever is best for you.

bb

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/TButt/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/193.93.47.181:25200/top_players/

Before applying I followed the advice given on this site and used the Using Automated Streaming Setup Tool.

I believe it has modified the pb config file on our server, as it looks like my application is not going to be accepted I am assuming the changes made in the file are not needed.

- How do I remove the changes done by the setup tool?

- Can I leave them or will they cause problems with the server or even with another streaming service?

Thanks.

Edited by TButt

I have reapplied.

It might be worth mentioning that I am also trying to stream from GCC-Stream.

I was directed to them and yourself by an EA forum user who advised me to stream to both services as he reckons it is a more effective way to catch more cheats.

Is he correct in his advice or will streaming to both cause problems?

Thanks for the assistance.

Edited by TButt

Streaming to both shouldn't cause any problems as long as your server is configured correctly for both :)

That is good to know.

I now have twice the opportunity to mess up :)