Crysis 3

Gutshot

Let's see if they learned their lessons from C2, and make us a real Crysis game once again. What I like about the most from the article below, is the reader comments. Got to agree with most of those guys on this one.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/11/crysis-3-spotted-on-origin-bows-and-arrows-confirmed/

CRYTEK TAKES AIM WITH CRYSIS 3 - THE FIRST BLOCKBUSTER SHOOTER OF 2013

Fight in the New York ‘Liberty Dome’, Exploit Seven Natural Wonders and Wield Advanced Alien Weaponry in the Ultimate Sandbox Shooter

Pre-order the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition for Early Access to the New Crysis 3 Signature Bow and XP Boost in Multiplayer*

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 16, 2012 – The hunted becomes the hunter! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and award-winning developer Crytek GmbH, today announced Crysis® 3, the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013. Powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE®, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love,” said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. “Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.

Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis® 3 Hunter Edition* today. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style**. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for $59.99.

In addition to receiving the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks:

Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.

Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.

Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Developed by Crytek and powered by the proprietary cutting edge CryENGINE technology, Crysis 3 will be available spring 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. For more information on Crysis 3, please visit www.crysis.ea.com, and for the latest news visit www.facebook.com/crysis or follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/crysis. Press assets for Crysis 3 are available at www.info.ea.com.

*Offer available while stocks last.

**Conditions and restrictions apply. See www.crysis.ea.com/preorder for details.

http://www.mycrysis.com/news/crytek/crytek-and-ea-announce-crysis-3

• 3 weeks later...

I was pretty disappointed in Crysis 2 both like with Black Ops i will prob buy it as it gives me something to do.

Only really play cod2/4 now.

If they would use PB, I think that it would be taken more seriously. I looked at Crysis 2 as an incomplete and half-assed game because of the retarded and ineffectual anti cheat that it supposedly had.

Looks like a thread to get PB into the game has started over at mycrysis.com

http://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=45642

Server files + PB + SDK + Mod Tools = One Great Game!

I am sure MaydaX, along with the rest of the staff here, would love to support a new game that has public server files and PB.

• 4 months later...
I still stand by Crysis 2 MP was the most fun I've ever had. Super casual play, great gun feeling, superb movement. If they price this right, I'll definitely grab C3 for some MP action. I just hope that this time round they buff their AC measures, as C2 was full of hackers.

• 3 weeks later...
Crysis 3 Alpha Keys - Worldwide

Crysis 3 is the latest title from Crytek, running on the truely breathtaking CryEngine 3 engine. Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry, that we're sure you guys will love!

Instructions

1. Obtain your key via Fileplay.net

2. You will need an Origin account and the Origin client in order to download and participate in the Alpha Trial. If you don't already have an Origin account, simply go to the Origin website (register using the link on the top right).

3. Once you have an account, download the client here

4. Launch the Origin client and Log In to your account.

5. Select Redeem Product Code from the Origin menu.

6. Enter your code in the Product Code field and click Next.

7. Get gaming!

http://www.fileplay.net/keys

• Upvote 1

Looks like they are using the Blaze backend this time around (Same as BF3 and MoH Warfighter).

Funny they still never removed all the PB references:

PunkBuster server will be %s for the next MP session disabled usage: net_pb_sv_enable

PunkBuster client will be %s for the next MP session usage: net_pb_cl_enable

net_pb_cl_enable Sets PunkBuster client enabled state net_pb_sv_enable Sets PunkBuster server enabled state

Crysis 2 had the same references.

At least they are holding an alpha trial long before release.

Funny they still never removed all the PB references:

No PB then? I forget... Wasn't Crysis 2 DOA due to being over run w/ cheats?

At least they are holding an alpha trial long before release.

Was thinking the same thing.

No PB then? I forget... Wasn't Crysis 2 DOA due to being over run w/ cheats?

Crytek made their own anti-cheat for Crysis 2. I will assume they will continue to use it.

Crytek made their own anti-cheat for Crysis 2. I will assume they will continue to use it.

Ahhh. Thats to bad.

With the disappointing news w/ Blops 2 and MOH:WF being what it is, was really wanting to add a game to spice things up. Kinda down to seeds and stems when it comes to games this season.

If what I read about a 16 player max on Crysis 3 multi is true, we may be stuck on Bf3 for a while. <_<

Edited by buttscratcher

With the disappointing news w/ Blops 2 and MOH:WF being what it is, was really wanting to add a game to spice things up. Kinda down to seeds and stems when it comes to games this season.

If you look at new games using PB, it's shifting from being used in games with traditional dedicated servers that you can rent or host to games where the developer handles all the hosting or use a P2P host model.

VAC is being used more and more these days.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=#category2=8&advanced=0&sort_order=ASC&page=1

If you look at new games using PB, it's shifting from being used in games with traditional dedicated servers that you can rent or host to games where the developer handles all the hosting or use a P2P host model.

VAC is being used more and more these days.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=#category2=8&advanced=0&sort_order=ASC&page=1

Yeah, the F2P model is screwing things up for clans as well. When developers are hosting/renting the servers (like Tribes Ascend) it kills it for me. No motivation to get involved in games that go that route.

As to VAC, I have more faith in VAC than I do the idea of integrated anti-cheat from the developer.