PB Update

-=Garbage DinGo=-

Big problems all round with the latest PB update to 1.182. For some reason after this update whenever a client connects to the server the server crashes. Other admins are also reporting this. I managed to roll my server back to PB v1.180 and all seems ok now. Why it isn't auto updating back to v1.182 is a mystery to me though I suppose EB could have pulled the latest update from its servers due to the probs.

Version 1.183 of the PB Server for SoF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This version addresses a crash bug reported by some linux admins running v1.182. Admins whose PB is not correctly auto-updating can manually update using PBSetup or by visiting the SoF2 Download page.

Update :)

I'm having an issue with the client version for Windows. When I updated it gave me some big error and to make a long story short the pbcl.dll has an issue with it. I used pbsetup.exe 3 times and everytime same thing so I've sent in a support ticket and am waiting on a reply.

I just recieved this.

02/17/2006 10:42:54 - "Hendrik Thole"

Note #3: Hi,

Please move PBSetup outside the "pb" folder as this will cause the "Invalid Windows Image" error. We are aware of this error and will make sure this is fixed in a future version of PBSetup.

:lol:

:lol: Indeed.

Didn't apply to me though as I'm running a Linux server and all seems to be back to normal after the update to 1.183.

Although I said in an earlier post that I'd managed to roll back from 1.182 to 1.180 it did cause huge lag problems. The server didn't crash as it had done with 1.182 but it was connecting to EvenBalance requesting an update every 10 seconds.

Edited by -=Garbage DinGo=-