Advertisement of PBBans in Games & Sponsorship

Knives*

As we all know, PunkBuster is a filter option when searching for game servers to play on. People can choose to play on servers with PunkBuster or they can choose not to. I believe that there should also be an option to check off in their filter searches to indicate if the servers listed, that are running PunkBuster, are also running PBBans too.

For this to happen, PBBans may have to seek sponsorship from game publishers to ensure PBBans sticks around for a good long time with provided financial support. If I were still an active gamer, I know I would want to know specifically which servers are running PBBans instead of including a "PBBans" in my keyword search filter every time, since not everyone advertises in server titles that their servers are running PBBans.

This would provide extra continuous income for PBBans on top of donations and help the gaming community so they play with as few cheaters as possible by knowing exactly which servers are streaming here. It will also give PBBans additional exposure without actually doing any advertisement since PBBans will be included in filter searches for a list of servers to play on. People that don't know about this place will see PBBans and do a Google search to learn more. Then they'll be more inclined to only play on streaming PBBans servers or perhaps become a streaming admin themselves.

No server that runs PunkBuster should be without PBBans.

• Upvote 2

While a neat idea, there's multiple Anti cheat streaming communities out there

PBBans

GGC

Airdale Ops Network

Anti Cheat Inc

Punksbusted (if they ever come back)

And other similar organizations like Respected Admins and MetaBans.

That's not to say PBBans shouldn't explore the possibility, just bringing up the challenges of such an undertaking.

While a neat idea, there's multiple Anti cheat streaming communities out there

PBBans

GGC

Airdale Ops Network (Only deals with AA3)

Anti Cheat Inc (Only deals with AA3 and BF3)

Punksbusted (if they ever come back) (Not online and not sure if they ever will be again)

And other similar organizations like Respected Admins and MetaBans.

That's not to say PBBans shouldn't explore the possibility, just bringing up the challenges of such an undertaking.

Edited. :)

• Upvote 1

Very true, Crotan. I did consider that as well. But at the present, I personally believe that PBBans is the most relevant option (very professional staff, highest quality service, widest range of games) out of your list that deserves first priority to be included in PB games by game developers. Now that's not to say that other services should be excluded either. But it is up to the other 3rd party anti-cheat sites to speak up and express interest to game developers to also be included in game search filter lists. It would not be up to PBBans to suggest it to them.

It should also be up to the game developers to decide which 3rd party anti-cheat sites to allow and disallow if they decide to go ahead with my idea. For example, MetaBans may be rejected from the filter option since they ban many innocent people for simply breaking rules when it should (IMO) only be about cheaters. But ultimately I say the more options there is in the filters, the better. This idea should not be granted to just PBBans alone. Why? Freedom of choice is what defines exactly what the public wants. And each individual is different.

PBBans staff, please let me know what you think of my proposal after you've discussed it. :)

Edited by Knives*

• 1 month later...

I have a very strong feeling that Staff have been to busy else where under these summer months.

About Knives filter options, I have been missing such an options myself. Maybe not so easy to make a money twist out of. It would rather be a cost of both money and work to have it up and running, but at least if a filter option for PBBans was present in the server browser and an increasingly number of players would select PBBans (extra protected) server to play on - that would be a good thing.

Nothing is really stopping us to suggest the filter option to EA and EB (since they would have to cover for the costs and major work to be done), but there could be some technical and administrative problems to be solved by 3rd party AC's (3PAC) -How can DICE/EA read out if a server is a valid streaming one? How should filters deal with a server that stop streaming (temp) or is declined to continue streaming (banned) and of course when a new server come up streaming? Is staff willing to communicate the suggestion to the oher 3PAC's? Can DICE/EA/Industry and a forum of all 3PAC's staffs get along on a common set of ban criterias (ban integrity and their strictness)?

Another possible approach to get the filer option 3PAC in place would require Evenbalance to collect and report a servers PB 3PAC level - PB enabled GGC, PB enabled PBBans, and so on... I don't know how similar all 3PAC's methods are if that could be possible to achive.

I believe the Staff will take this under consideration and discuss it internally and with other 3PAC's and later on if approved with other major entities (Evenbalance, EA, Activision etc.). I'm not expecting any detailed answers dealing with this topic since it seems to have become an matter for internal Staff discussion and development.

Thank you Knives for a good suggestion! :clapsmiley:

Edited by GOS_LEgiONary