Streaming QUestion..

ph34r007

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it is possible to stream on a server that is hosted by a person, and not paid for (24/7). If it is possible can someone point me in the right direction on what i should do to stream.

ty :),

Jo

Guest IcheBAN

Hmm would not make sense to have that blocked for people who are not streaming yet when it explains how :mellow:

First suggestion would be use jPAT. It is an automated tool designed to help you manage your server's config files and setup streaming.

STEP 1:

Send Murderer a Private Message with the following information:

1. Your game server ip/port

2. A username (Note: This can be anything you want and cannot have spaces in it)

3. A password (Note: This can be anything you want and cannot have spaces in it)

4. Game played on the server

5. Your Clan/Group tag

6. Your e-mail address

STEP 2:

FTP to your game server's /pb folder and download the pbsv.cfg file.

If you do you not see a pbsv.cfg file, then you must do the following rcon cmd:

pb_sv_writecfg

Once you do this command, the file will appear in your server's /pb folder.

STEP 3:

Open the pbsv.cfg file and make sure this line is there:

pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg

If it is not, add the line, save the file and upload it to the server's /pb folder

STEP 4:

FTP to your game server's /pb folder and check for the pbsvlog.cfg.

If the file is there, download it and open it.

If the file is not there, then download the file from HERE.

pb_sv_logaddr 63.171.64.22 //This is the repository server -- do not change

pb_sv_logport 24389 //This is the repository server -- do not change

pb_sv_loguser (Insert the username you sent us)

pb_sv_logpw (Insert the password you sent us)

Example:

pb_sv_logaddr 63.171.64.22

pb_sv_logport 24389

pb_sv_loguser EKTClan

pb_sv_logpw nooblers

Once done, save the file and upload it to your server's /pb folder.

STEP 5:

Now do the following command:

pb_sv_restart

If your server is empty, please join it and allow for PunkBuster to see you. This will help us determine if your server is streaming properly. If everything went well, your game server should be streaming now. Check with a PBBans Site Admin/Staff member to be sure.

=================================================

ALTERNATIVE WAY TO SETUP STREAMING

STEP 1:

You can also enter each of the streaming commands from the pbsvlog.cfg file through your console (or via HLSW, All Seeing Eye, etc).

Once done, do the following commands

pb_sv_writecfg

pb_sv_restart

If your server is empty, please join it and allow for PunkBuster to see you. This will help us determine if your server is streaming properly. If everything went well, your game server should be streaming now. Check with a PBBans Site Admin/Staff member to be sure.

NOT SURE WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING

STEP 1:

Contact {VOD}RodeoBob(BM) for assistance.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

If you would like to help Beta test an automated way of keeping your server's ban list, md5tool and cvar cfg files updated, check out:

PBBans Admin Tools (PBBans Admin Tool (PAT)).

The documents for the linux version are HERE

The documents for the Java version are HERE

Also included in PBBans Admin Tool (PAT) and jPAT is an automated way of setting your server up to stream to PBBans.

NOTE: If you were streaming to another repository server, and wanted to stream to us.....PunkBuster software does not yet allow for streaming to more than one. EvenBalance controls this issue and hopefully they will release a software update to allow this. Also, another site uses a "pb.cfg" which contains their repository streaming information (at the bottom of the config file). You would need to delete this information and reboot your server before updating it to stream to PBBans. This will cause transmission problems and lots and lots and lots of error entries in our logs.

Any questions regarding streaming should be either posted here....or contact me or in irc. The channels are #pbbans on irc.QuakeNet.org or you can reach me on MSN ( [email protected] ).

it is blocked for ppl who are not verified server admins

as you should now icheban this is a closed forum for server admins mostly and we do allot to keep it that way

game admins and above have acces to that so be carefull what you show and what not to show

and if you read the rules we have here you will see its not allowed to copy and paste anything from this site

and that include from a closed area to a public area ;)

To ph34r007

if you could update your profile with all info

that way you would have more acces to the site and all info you need ;)

Guest IcheBAN

it is blocked for ppl who are not verified server admins

as you should now icheban this is a closed forum for server admins mostly and we do allot to keep it that way

game admins and above have acces to that so be carefull what you show and what not to show

and if you read the rules we have here you will see its not allowed to copy and paste anything from this site

and that include from a closed area to a public area ;)

To ph34r007

if you could update your profile with all info

that way you would have more acces to the site and all info you need ;)

Actually no I didnt know as its kinda hard to navigate here and keep track of what is what, But tbh I dont see why a post on how to stream your server would be private but thanks for the info.

Just thought it would have been better to answer his question quickly rather then tell him to troll around the site aimlessly to search for his answer.

No worry i was just informing you about it ;)

thats allso why i didnt removed what you posted cause i didnt think it was so bad

and yes mabye you are right mabye the info on how to stream etc etc should be accessible for the public as well :)

Ty, i pmed you with the info murderer, but i couldnt add you to msn cuz it wont let me see your profile :|

Offtopic, will pbbans ban me for my autojump courch button? Ive been using it for quiete some time, got it off a an sof2help website, no1 has ever told me if its a cheat or not, but it doesnt appear to be.

bind CTRL "-movedown;+moveup;wait 2;-moveup;+movedown;wait 2;-movedown"

Guest IcheBAN

Ty, i pmed you with the info murderer, but i couldnt add you to msn cuz it wont let me see your profile :|

Offtopic, will pbbans ban me for my autojump courch button? Ive been using it for quiete some time, got it off a an sof2help website, no1 has ever told me if its a cheat or not, but it doesnt appear to be.

bind CTRL "-movedown;+moveup;wait 2;-moveup;+movedown;wait 2;-movedown"

Dont think anyone has been banned for a bind but they are pretty lame tho.

i hope i dont get banend for it that would be lame :( i lost my skill on jump crouch

I wouldn't personaly ban but myself and other admins would kick for it...the lean\crouch script and dance script have been a popular topic in the past ,,,,it's a servers choice to kick\ban for it or not...again, in tournies it's not allowed so why allow it elsewhere..just my 5 cents worth :D