BF3 and the Great Blue Tint Dilemma

ZoneeTerror

Sadly that's the only response I've seen.

I hope PBBans takes a stance on this, for the submission of PBSS and so on. Any player that is removing Suppression Blurr, or Lens Flare is cheating. Only thing that would change that would be if DICE updated the game to allow players to do so in the graphics options, which they do not.

To drive home this fact, any player that can go from

post-141740-0-83475600-1349121694_thumb.png

to the same view without lens flare is cheating.

Only thing that would change that would be if DICE updated the game to allow players to do so in the graphics options, which they do not.

Lens flare was a good idea in principle but it is just annoying to play with.

Spotting enemies is hard enough on hardcore without putting the most powerful sun in the world on half the day maps.

Lens flare was a good idea in principle but it is just annoying to play with.

Spotting enemies is hard enough on hardcore without putting the most powerful sun in the world on half the day maps.

Yea, and I'd agree with you. There are some stylized directions DICE went with for the game, and maybe what we should push is for them to add these graphic options in a client patch, but until they give you the option to take it out in the settings. Taking it out yourself via a third party tool isn't so hot.

We've seen players remove fog of war in every Battlefield game to date, and if I'm not mistaken we've seen said players have their PBSS added to the MBi in every BF game to date.

But those are just some of the visual concerns, the real issue here are the other modifications being made, and those need a PB detection!

Using modified .cas files only to disable 'Blue Filter Overlay' or if you want - ColourGrading shouldn't be bannable.

It's just another FXAA injector.So, if PB decides to strike on regular users using these files only to disable that retarded blue filter overlay, then it should strike on FXAA injector users also.

Reason many people are using .cas files to disable blue filter overlay is because it has no impact on performance while using FXAA injector has huge impact on performance and it could took away like 20 FPS easily from you.

Users who're using 'Tweaker' to modify weapons damage, to create no recoil and such should be banned.

Edited by Alph4Dawg

Using modified .cas files only to disable 'Blue Filter Overlay' or if you want - ColourGrading shouldn't be bannable.

It's just another FXAA injector.So, if PB decides to strike on regular users using these files only to disable that retarded blue filter overlay, then it should strike on FXAA injector users also.

Reason many people are using .cas files to disable blue filter overlay is because it has no impact on performance while using FXAA injector has huge impact on performance and it could took away like 20 FPS easily from you.

Users who're using 'Tweaker' to modify weapons damage, to create no recoil and such should be banned.

Problem is the file is used for both the blue tint removal and to cheat. Only solution I see is to prevent people from modifying it with file integrity checks. Quake 3 did that many years ago.

Quake 3 also integrated a relatively elaborate cheat-protection system called "pure server." Any client connecting to a pure server automatically has pure mode enabled, and while pure mode is enabled only files within data packs can be accessed. Clients are disconnected if their data packs fail one of several integrity checks. The cgame.qvm file, with its high potential for cheat-related modification, is subject to additional integrity checks.[citation needed] Developers must manually deactivate pure server to test maps or mods that are not in data packs using the .pk3 file format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_3

@Demize99 @zh1nt0 @gustavhalling Hello DICE bros@ :D Care to look at this beautiful colorgrade comparison?

@Minusthebeats @Demize99 @zh1nt0 to colorful. Also I wouldn't use those hacks if you don't want a perm ban on your account. FYI warning.

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/253005004288446464

27695527.jpg

Yeah.Saw that tweet and lol'd.Personally, I used *.cas files and Operation Metro, Grand Bazaar, Damavand Peak and Seine Crossing looked GORGEUS AND AWESOME.It felt like I'm playing different game.

It'd be really nice if they gave us an option either to choose to disable blue filter, or to leave it as it is.It'd comfort everyone.

@gustavhalling Where is the detection?

@nornoj Its a surprise for the cheaters modifying game files =) The hack is not only a "brightness modifier", its a proper cheat.

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/253032090474536960

He tweeted shortly afterwards that people would be banned for modifying the file but the tweet was deleted.

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/253032090474536960

He tweeted shortly afterwards that people would be banned for modifying the file but the tweet was deleted.

I saw that tweet.

Let's say they decide to give it a GO and start banning people.They have to consult with PB first or how that kind of stuff is getting sorted?

I saw that tweet.

Let's say they decide to give it a GO and start banning people.They have to consult with PB first or how that kind of stuff is getting sorted?

They could do it themselves without PB but that would require a new patch (Unless they have something already that just needs a server update or just needs to be activated).

With Sunglasses :crazy:

by7gjdlr.jpg

with NO Sunglasses

m2tus3w8.jpg

And I would consider that a bannable screenshot. :facepalm: Anybody taking that out, clearly has an advantage over other players.

Thats is the Problem!

The tool are Great and i like the vid from Maydax

! looks realy nice

But hacker use it to cheat, i dont like this :crazy:

Edited by ParaEXE

Next, people will want different color armored vehicles to play in the game with.

Pimp my tank could look good, possibly a future dlc.

I'd like to see a berkut tank camo to go with my berkut pj's and my berkut gun camo.

Whether you're sticking your head out of a stretch roof limo or laying down on the dirty tracks of metro you always want to be looking your best on the battlefield.