EA CEO Resigns

SuperTaz

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/electronic-arts-ceo-step-down-202418717.html

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Electronic Arts' Chief Executive Officer John Riccitiello has resigned, saying he was "accountable" for the company missing its operational targets.

The company warned investors that earnings in the current quarter will be at the low end of or slightly below its previously issued forecast after the announcement.

In January, the company had said it expected non-GAAP revenue for its fourth quarter ending March 31 to be about $1.025 billion to $1.125 billion. It also forecast non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of 57 cents to 72 cents.

Riccitiello will step down from his post as CEO and member of the board of directors on March 30, the video game company said on Monday.

Thank god!

• Upvote 2

The company won't reach its quarterly forecast but I'm sure Mr. Riccitiello will get a $5 million severance package. Of course he was doing such a terrible job last year that they paid him a $1.5 million bonus.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2013/03/18/john-riccitiello-quits-as-electronic.html

Edited by Soldier4Real

As long as he is gone now, I am happy. I was told Larry Probst is re-taking the acting CEO position for the time being. He was CEO from like 1991-2007. That is when EA games was much better.

EA's former CEO and chairman of the board, Larry Probst, has been appointed as executive chairman as the company begins its search for its next CEO, the company said.

• 1 month later...