you lot as sick of cheaters as i am!

re4per

well i have played call of duty from the day it came out and now i play call of duty 2 i think that a good way of stoping hackers is to just find the sites were its downloaded from and ban the hacks wouldn't that work

well i have played call of duty from the day it came out and now i play call of duty 2 i think that a good way of stoping hackers is to just find the sites were its downloaded from and ban the hacks wouldn't that work

hi re4per :) a brief explanation of what goes on here .. PBBans collects hacks by various means,both public and private and then dissects them for relevant cvars and md5 hashes .. we then post any updates to our Master Config Indexes which our streaming admins can then apply to their servers .. this makes their servers as cheat free as we can make them .. we are ardent supporters of PB and although its the best out there it needs that extra help our cvar/md5 checks give to it to make it a hell of a lot better .. anyone detected by PB or raises a cheat / md5 hack violation gets added to our Master Ban Index which is freely available for any concerned admin to intergrate with their own bans .. hope that explains a few things for ya m8 .. anything else that concerns ya feel free to post :)

anyone detected by PB or raises a cheat / md5 hack violation gets added to our Master Ban Index which is freely available for any concerned admin to intergrate with their own bans .

Not for every concerned admin... :rolleyes: :P

• 2 weeks later...

catching loads on cod2 atm but because of the 31 hexadecimal guid's all are worthless ..its high time whoever is responsible for fixing this problem got their arse into gear and sorted it :(

• 4 months later...

Is it possible to Ban a Clan Server? It is quite obvious on some clan servers that a majority of their Clan members are using hacks. For example, "A Cat House V4C". I just got done playing it, and it made me sick! The score was lie 500+ to 210. Everybody on the team getting slaughtered was just typing "commenting" on how the site was "Hack City". At least 4 people on the "Obvious" hacker side were just effortlesy going around corners uncontested. It is like they knew where you were at no matter what. To top it off, they had the, what seems to be the standard, hack "Aim Bot!". What kills me the most, is this sever lets it go on and on with no banning of any sorts. PBBans should have a list of servers that report bans on a regular basis. I would probably enjoy the game more on such servers. Servers that let it go on, should be shut down, ecspecialy if they are part of the problem.

• 1 month later...

500 to 200+ isnt exactly a great score its only really a 2.5:1 ratio. These days its really hard to tell if people are hacking or not because punkbuster stops so many hacks and as the game gets older players just become better and better.