Need help with PBBANS.dat

DEFIANCE

Hi all,

I created a problem for myself and am hoping someone can help me.

Some of my friends didn't think PB was working, so to prove it to them I implemeted the PB_SV_BanList command and took a Print Screen of the output to post in our private forums.

I was trying different commands to see what could be useful and entered the PB_SV_BanEmpty command

which as you know clears the pbbans.dat file.

I didn't think it was a big deal as I had the screenshot of the bans I deleted.

I tried to create a new file and manually typed in everything from the screenshot and tried to use the PB_SV_BanLoad "myfilename" command and in console it says "0 bans loaded from myfilename"

I also tried using PB_SV_UpdBanFile "myfilename" to no avail.

After playing with this for about two hours I found this site and the Master Bans Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) Generation Utility (Great Tool).

I tried the commands above with the file from your utility, but I can't get a new ban file loaded.

It says "0 bans loaded from pbbans.dat".

Yet, if I look in the file it has the entries there and I double checked to make sure it was entered in the correct format.

(I am placing the file in the PB folder.)

I have since gotten another pb_sv_banlist and there are all new entries in there including someone with an altered .exe and an aimbot.

I would certainly like to include these new entries into the ban list along with the old entries.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

Hi all,

Some of my friends didn't think PB was working, so to prove it to them I implemeted the PB_SV_BanList command and took a Print Screen of the output to post in our private forums.

I was trying different commands to see what could be useful and entered the PB_SV_BanEmpty command

I tried to create a new file and manually typed in everything from the screenshot and tried to use the PB_SV_BanLoad "myfilename" command and in console it says "0 bans loaded from myfilename"

After playing with this for about two hours I found this site and the Master Bans Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) Generation Utility (Great Tool).

I tried the commands above with the file from your utility, but I can't get a new ban file loaded.

Yet, if I look in the file it has the entries there and I double checked to make sure it was entered in the correct format.

I have since gotten another pb_sv_banlist and there are all new entries in there including someone with an altered .exe and an aimbot.

I would certainly like to include these new entries into the ban list along with the old entries.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

D

/rcon pb_sv_banempty just emptys the banlist in Memory doesnt actually remove anything from your pbbans.dat file (least it shouldn't)

if you issue a /rcon pb_sv_banload it should automatically load the pbbans.dat file (by default)

dont do a /rcon pb_sv_banload filename as that wont work even if u say pbbans.dat file the banload command without anything after it loads pbbans.dat by default to issue a banload for a DIFFERENT file you would have to issue it like so..

/rcon pb_sv_banload /home/yourusername/.etwolf/pb/somefile.dat

replace the /home etc with what ever /rcon pb_sv_homepath outputs. (thats ONLY if you want to load another ban file that ISN'T named pbbans.dat.

Hi all,

After playing with this for about two hours I found this site and the Master Bans Index (Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)))) Generation Utility (Great Tool).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

D

PB_SV_BanEmpty

Empties the current ban list stored in memory

When entering bans into PB via PB_SV_BanLoad or PB_SV_BanGuid these methods will only enter bans not currently in memory . By receiving the 0 bans loaded message confirms that the server command was received .(for better confirmation view your log files ).

It is my belief you have got the (0bans loaded) message , because the bans are currently present .

If you would like to assure they have been loaded simply restart the server .

then use the PB_SV_BanList command .

on server start the bans from pbbans.dat will be loaded .

Note: to load your optional banlists everytime the sever starts simply place this command if your pbsv.cfg

PB_SV_BanLoad [optional filename]

Loads a PB Ban List from the specified file; if no filename specified, then pbbans.dat is loaded .

using the PB_SV_AutoUpdBan 1 command will make the pbbans.dat auto update.

Edited by (TSS)Hidinfury

Thanks for the quick replys and clarifying that "PB_SV_BanEmpty" clears the memory not the dat file.

(TSS)Hidinfury -

Adding the command to pbsv.cfg was a great suggestion thanks.

The PB_SV_AutoUpdBan was already set to "1"

kcinc0gnito -

Thanks for the info regarding "/rcon pb_sv_banload /home/yourusername/.etwolf/pb/somefile.dat "

I didn't know I needed to include the path (thought it would look for the file in the pb directory).

Also, I never had a file in the pb folder named pbbans.dat.

Since manually creating one, I see the new bans being added into it.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

The bans are now added and cheaters are being shown the door.