Speedhack

Bulld0g

wtf is (SPEEDHACK) #109003 as far as ive ever known its impossible to speedhack as the speed calculations are server side thus making it impossible for a client to attempt it ? please advice?

some system 'optimization' programs will raise a false/positive and or a true positive. also in some games it is possible, that violation is a global check for all games afaik.

some system 'optimization' programs will raise a false/positive and or a true positive. also in some games it is possible, that violation is a global check for all games afaik.

so if people are banned for this in ET/RTCW surley its an error, more likely some kind of hack, but i was asked by a banned guy to clarify !

so if people are banned for this in ET/RTCW surley its an error, more likely some kind of hack, but i was asked by a banned guy to clarify !

I think a speed hack in ET is somethign to do with weapon change speed might be wrong though

I think a speed hack in ET is somethign to do with weapon change speed might be wrong though

wrong. 'weapon change delay' is not affected client side, almost everything is server side.

Speedhacks are caused by various reasons sometimes 'game and system optimizers' actually changes the game enviroment similar to video drivers changing the enviroment for specific games for 'game optimization'

I'm quite familiar with enemy-territory the in's and out's of the server/client enviroment and the coding that can be done client side/server side.

One of the streaming admins here at pbbans has made his own Custom Mod unique only to his server and has added features that only people could dream about for ET like Trip Mines which is quite cool imo.

A 'malicous' person has more control of the server end then client side i.e. so if a server mod allows one type of thing like for instance 3rd person view in Enemy-territory PB by default makes it so you CAN'T use 3rd person view however if you code in 3rd person view into the server side mod you can then use that feature and get around pb. this specific streaming admin has done just that and added 3rd person view into his mod, its nice but damn hard to aim :)

wrong. 'weapon change delay' is not affected client side, almost everything is server side.

Speedhacks are caused by various reasons sometimes 'game and system optimizers' actually changes the game enviroment similar to video drivers changing the enviroment for specific games for 'game optimization'

I'm quite familiar with enemy-territory the in's and out's of the server/client enviroment and the coding that can be done client side/server side.

One of the streaming admins here at pbbans has made his own Custom Mod unique only to his server and has added features that only people could dream about for ET like Trip Mines which is quite cool imo.

A 'malicous' person has more control of the server end then client side i.e. so if a server mod allows one type of thing like for instance 3rd person view in Enemy-territory PB by default makes it so you CAN'T use 3rd person view however if you code in 3rd person view into the server side mod you can then use that feature and get around pb. this specific streaming admin has done just that and added 3rd person view into his mod, its nice but damn hard to aim :)

erm that answered my post :o