COD4 PB back-end has been shutdown by Activision

Spring999

If you are using Punkbuster on your COD4 server you must have noticed that there's no longer any kicks for global PB GUID bans and If you check the pbbans master ban index you'll see that there's only a few bans in COD4 in recent days and most of them are enforced bans(Manual bans for PBSS and DEMO). You'll also notice 1-2 EB violations which PB can detect without the help of the back-end. EB support has confirmed that activision has asked them to shut down their COD4 Back-end.

AJnRuDK.png

• Upvote 1

Another step towards renaming PBBans to BFBans or BFCentral or ... bah BetaField. Escapism aside, though nothing is decided yet, most likely we will keep cod4 streaming as legacy game, like we do for cod1/1.5/2/5, with all the known procedures to ban PBSS and Demos. At least as long as there will be a PunkBuster GUiD. Without AUTH server no PB GUID's will be generated and subsequently streaming had to be discontinued entirely.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Download and extract to your pb folder.

It's in the game install directory. Or if you use Windows Vista or later it's located in the user app folder which you can use the following to find.

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-clientlog.html#win7vista

I'm trying to get punkbuster to work on cod4, since i just got it for my new comp, but after trying this, iwmp3 stopped working. Help?

Download and extract to your pb folder.

It's in the game install directory. Or if you use Windows Vista or later it's located in the user app folder which you can use the following to find.

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-clientlog.html#win7vista

I'm trying to get punkbuster to work on cod4, since i just got it for my new comp, but after trying this, iwmp3 stopped working. Help?

Try plugging a microphone in and see if that works, sound strange I know but in a lot of iwmp3 crashes that's the answer.

Download the files above and place them in your COD4's PB folder:

C: > Program Files x86 > Activision > COD4 > PB

And...

C: > Users > Name > AppData > Local > Punkbuster > COD4 > PB  (Make sure you can view hidden files and folders or you wont be able to see this folder)

How to view hidden files and folders on Windows 7

• 1 year later...