all of a sudden i am a cheater

i have had a alot of drama these last three months. had to move and a whole bunch of stuff. yesterday i decided to get back in the swing of things (checking forums and such) and i notice that i could not get into the members section of my clans forums. i know i had not been around in a while, 1 week turned into 2 weeks till 3 months. ( maybe a little less). any ways i msg the leader and he's like you were caught cheating so i removed you. i was like what? i aint even played in 3 months, he was like yea this catch happend even before you joined us. so he gives me the pbban search thing that says i am a cheater. i look at the forums topic for it and i look at this bs.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1331

Ban Information

----------------------------

Date: 01.10.2003 23:02:15

GUID: 5279bed074fd5a497b4eaceb81d03c3f

IP Address: 172.192.161.203:20100

Alias: prototype OB468 - 1

Violation: VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80005

Caught By: xBc

----------------------------

Additional Evidence

before this my guid was clean, some one digs up this crap from a server log file from more then a year ago and all of a sudden i am on the ban list and i am a cheater. this happend a few days after the 103 patch came out (telling from the date) probaly the day i installed the patch, and there is no additional evidence. what kind of mess is this? i know pb gave out all kinds of eronous errors in the past, i dont know whats up, i dont cheat, never had to, never had any other pb violotions on my guid how the heck do you guys figure to put me on the ban list? i dont know what you guys do to validate information, or what steps needed to be taken before you put them on the ban list but something is wrong. i dont know if you guys just figured i dont play any more so you might as well put me on the ban list or what, but i do play and now i have people thinking that i am a cheater. ( my clan leader said this guid was mine and no one elses knows its me besides clan mates.) i was told that "you guys were all for getting the stuff right" let me know cus right now this is messed up.

From EB site:

Cheat/Hack Violations:

When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

So, let me see if I can understand this correctly:

before this my guid was clean,

So you are admitting that "something" happened and you were kicked by PB.

some one digs up this crap from a server log file from more then a year ago and all of a sudden i am on the ban list and i am a cheater

In every case of a violation or someone being added to the bans list, evidence is key. Whether it is 1 day or 1 year old....doesn't matter. Our site and bans list are only a few months old. Are you saying that we should ignore any violations older than a couple months ago? Don't reckon that will be happening.

Lastly, you say that you haven't played in a long while.....and that you are concerned about an incident that happened over a year ago. If you were in {VOD}, I would have dropped kick ya too. My suggestion to ya....since you haven't been playing SoF2....get yourself a new game and stop pointing the blame towards EvenBalance's PunkBuster software. As for your former Clan Leader....I laud his efforts in looking out for the cheaters!

ok i will drop this here becuase your lack of seriousness realy makes me mad. i dont even feel like saying this but i will.

when i said my key was clean, it meens before that post when my guid was checked (say 2/6/04) it was cheat free. now it says i am a cheater.

when i upgraded to 1.03 ( witch was probaly this day over a year ago) i remember having all sorts of trouble wiht pb. pb is sensitive to a whole bunch of things that you could set in 1.02 but was not cheating. i never once cheated, ive been trying to figure out what the heck is a gamehack sopose to be. that was a over year. and to lable some one a cheater for something that old and inconclusive with no evidence or any type of history, i think its lame. not to mention where the heck is this mystery log coming from all of a sudden.

It seems that this {VOD}RodeoBob is trying to have to much fun. this is serious to me and hes sounding like an. i am not posting here over something that happend a year ago, i am posting here becuase i was banned on the 7th of this month. i am posting becuase now the peope who i use to played with thinks that i am a cheater. i have not pointed the fingure at any one, i am trying to figure this out. i have a few other keys, i dont need to buy a new game. i dont have any clue of how many servers use your ban list. i'm not here cus i cant play on certain servers any more. i am posting becuase now i am a cheater. all the time i spent getting good at sof2 and now i am a cheater.

if your gona read this and respon, please dont just scim throu it, and pick out something, and say somethign that dont even make sense. also, could you please post the part of this log file when pb kicked me. and also any other part before or after that it says my name in it. ( prototype OB). i know you dont have a screen shot, or a demo of me cheating. or any thing else that could link my guid or ip to a cheat ever. ( in other words proper evidence worth destroying some ones rep) but i would like to see that day, so i can remember what was going on when/if i got that error.

o sorry i am pargund / proto, i registered as pargund but had not got the second email, and i forgot that i posted the first one was prototype and tried to post as pargund. it woudl not let me so i chagned it to pargund1. any ways its the same guy, if that dont make sense owell please ignore this after you read it.

o i am sorry again, could only ops or people who matter, or any one who have any usfull info respond to my post. i realy dont feel like waisting my time with people who just like to insult people on forums. i dont know who is what here just saying.

You sure are a talkative one.

Here is the log entry from xBc:

[01.10.2003 23:02:15] 5279bed074fd5a497b4eaceb81d03c3f "prototype OB468 - 1^7" "172.192.161.203:20100" "VIOLATION DETECTED -> (GAMEHACK) #80005"

Seriousness........you have got to be joking. You don't know me...and I don't know you so how do you say that I am not being serious about your problem. I explained it in such a way to show you that it doesn't matter when the violation occurred.

Your account will not be validated or activated for several reasons.....you are not a server/clan admin, you were caught by PB, and lastly your on our bans list. If you read the website clearly enough you would understand that the private portion of this forum is for those chasing cheaters and not holding their hands.

My question to you.....after your violation occured.....did you ever e-mail EvenBalance and ask them?

You come to our forum simply because you are on our bans list for having a positive violation detected by PunkBuster. Plain a simple....no screenshot or demo necessary. It was logged (as you have pointed out) and in the process of adding these violations to our bans list.....it gets submitted to us for inclusion.

Considering that you haven't played SoF2 in a long while....and that you have so many spare GUIDs laying around.....why are you concerned about being labeled a cheater? You believe that PunkBuster had problems during this time....yet....you haven't mentioned anything about your contact with EvenBalance.

pb is sensitive to a whole bunch of things that you could set in 1.02 but was not cheating.

So, let me see....you tweaked the game files themselves......in my rule book that appears to be exploiting the game to your advantage. Lets say you tweak your game and join a server with 19 other players......and none of them have tweaked their game. Where do you think tweaking and cheating cross the line?

It sounds to me like you're saying you had tweaked a bunch of settings prior to PB being implemented with SOF2 or at least prior to these settings being checked by PB. These settings were giving you an advantage in the game and PB classified these as an unfair advantage and therefore a "cheat".

As far as pbbans.com are concerned a sv_cheat.log from a trusted server admin IS proof as it was PB that kicked you and wrote the violation into the sv_cheat.log. I have no reason to think you were set up by the admin that supplied the cheat.log so the ban will remain.

We started this site only a few months ago and the ban list even more recently. We have included bans going back a long time as some of the server admins involved have had their servers running for a long time now.

firstly, i did not email evenbalance cus i had no reason to. if there would have been any bans at that time i woudl have handled it then. i had trouble, i chekced forums, and one way or another i fixed the problem and had no problems ever again. wait no thats wrong, we all have had many pb problems. they were patched over time but the problems where out there. i dont remember even tweaking any settings untill way after 103 came out. and i never sayed i altered any files. i have a super awsome computer and connection that let me set stuff way up and run smooth. does that give me an advatage? yes, is it cheating, no. today i did send out an email asking them about the details of this gamehack error and if it was a mess up. my old clan leader sayed he put in the same inquiry.

i could care less about beeing on your ban list, all accept for my old clan leader, and the people i use to game with is taking this like i was cheating this whole time.

i dont remember a single detale about this pb ban ( even if it happend), it was way over a year ago, the only thing i know for sure tellig by the date it was around the same day the new patch came out. and when patches come out, problems flow with them.

i meen you had to find the logs from the very first couple days/ hour from where you updated your server to 103 and decided to ban every one that pb fliped out on 1 year ago. and i dont think any research were done on the nature of these bans, especialy considering the fact that the patch had just came out and stuff happend.

if any one know any exacts on tihs pb number, or know any source that lists the many problems that people had with pb giving out wack bans please post it here. i cant find any forums who go back to last years pb problems, but there must be somethign out there.

any ways, i do know there is a logical explantion to why i got this ban, that explanation will prove that i never did cheat. the proper research that shoudl have been done before labling me a cheater could not have been done. if it was i woudl not be typing this right now.

you wont find any thing else, even remotely linking me to a cheat before or after. i dont even remembetr playing on xbc server as proto type. i used prototype for a few months when my dsl was down. i had to use my 56k and i spend most of my time on xclan server.

any ways a type fast, thats why i type so much. and i have many things on my mind.

Well Proto...

I was gonna come off with a witty remark about your memory not being so sharp but instead I decided to do a little foot work.

Yes, you are correct...according to SoF2files the 1.03 patch did come out on the 2nd of January, 2003. Maybe you didn't patch until the 10th. That will never be known. However, it does raise an eyebrow that you remembered that you patched that specific day and you were having problems with PB. Yes, I do remember lots of people having problems but people being kicked for GAMEHACKS? No, I can't say that I recall that happening!

So the question arises...you know exactly what day you patched and you know you were having troubles with PB. But you don't recall ever getting kicked for a GAMEHACK VIOLATION? And now, you don't remember ever even being in the xBc server with that name? Your memory seems to have blocked out all the parts that we would be concerned with.

This ban was submitted to PBBans.com by xBc from their pbsv.log files...

[01.10.2003 23:02:15] 5279bed074fd5a497b4eaceb81d03c3f "prototype OB468 - 1^7" "172.192.161.203:20100" "VIOLATION DETECTED -> (GAMEHACK) #80005"

Yes indeed, you were there! And yes indeed, you were kicked for a GAMEHACK!

Now this could not be a case of mistaken identity or name theft, as you have said it is/was your name. It's most certainly your GUID otherwise you wouldn't be here wondering why you are being dubbed a cheater.

The way I see it, and remember this is just strictly my opinion. I think you got busted and knowingly. However at the time no ban systems/lists were implemented just yet. Quite possibly you realized that you would no longer get away with whatever it was that you were doing to better yourself over other players and therefore counted your blessings and straightened up.

Unfortunitly for you, the logs were all kept by xBc and just recently submitted to PBBans.com! Your name and GUID came back with a GAMEHACK VIOLATION so therefore you are now part of our banlist!

Quite honestly, to me you have no grounds to stand upon. I wish you luck in contesting the violation to EvenBalance, however I do not think that you are gonna like the outcome.

As for proving to your old clan leader and team mates, that you were not cheating this whole time, is irrelivant. One time is good enough for us, despite the fact that it was submitted over a year later. Are you suggesting we give second chances? Maybe you are suggesting that we delete bans after a year? I'll talk to the super mods of PBBans.com about this but again I do not think that you will like the answers.

My suggestion to you would be, if you are fine with being on our banlist and want to continue playing under that key on non-PB servers or even PB servers not running our banlist...feel free to do so. Pick up the pieces, change the name, cut the ties with the old clan and move on. Otherwise, go out and get a new copy of the game, new key, new name and join another clan! That, in fact, is your "second chance". Don't screw it up this time!

But oh wait...you say you have several more good keys!?!? This also raised an eyebrow. Have it be known that "leaked keys" and generated keys get banned as well. Although not by us, they are "GLOBALLY BANNED" by Punkbuster it's self! Therefore any server running PB will kick you for that, not just ones running our ban list or any other banlist for that matter! And the sheer fact that you admit to having other keys but plea with us you did nothing wrong to begin with, just doesn't coincide with one another.

Hope this helps to clarify some things for you.

Good Luck...Good Game!

|FU|Quigs

firstly, i dont know that i patched it that specific day sure, i do know that i did not patch it the exact day it came out cus i remember hearing about the sig and talon a few days before i tried it out myself. plus a had my 56k so i was not on as much. a major glitched update or something would be the other thing that would give me a pb gamehack error. cus i dont cheat never had.

i dont remember playing on xbc server for this reason. when i used prototype OB i was on my 56k. before that i used obi..... so after my dsl went down i started to use prototype OB, most servers would not let me even in with the high ping. when i used prototype OB xclan server was the server that i played on almost every time i played. i have not used alot of aliases in my days, and each one of them represents a certain time in my journy. thats how i remember. i dont remember every time pb or just sof2 gave me the boot for one reason or another.

basicaly my old clan leader told me that that was my guid. cus he checked in his personal data base.i looked at it and the aliases and those are all ones that i put on before. for one reason or another i wanted to play w/o people knowing who i realy was. (the only alieas i did not use was 00 Dave, that was my rm, and he never played while i was on a 56k. and he dont realy even play computer games, so i know he did nto do it) i did not check the guid id to my own records cus i have none i am taking his word from that. the ip is jacked but thats becuase its when i was on a 56k, i am thinking. i looked it up and it says its aol via washington some where, i am in cali. i dont think thats an issue tho.

and i said i had a few other keys, not several. every body i know has more then one set of keys. for one reason or another.i myself baught my first copy of sof2 when it first came out. a year later or more when i purchased my 6.1's it came with a copy of the game. i had trouble with those speakers so i exchanged them but kept all the games that came with it. the second set came with the same games. so i now have a "few" cd keys. so non of that other stuff matters. my two other keys are clean as this one was before the 7th.

this is not a second chance, i dont need a second chance. that second chance stuff is bs. if i were a cheater, just like all the cheaters do, they jsut get caught get another key and go at it again. its that simple. or even use the same key untill they are realy banned. there is no additional chances, you do what you want.

i see some bogus violation from over a year ago. since then or before then i have been clean. you wont pull out any thing on me. i show absoluty nothing is common with these other cheaters. but this one unresearched violation is enough to completely jack me up. i did not even join my first clan till after 1.03 was out, and i got cable internet.

any ways i have to get back to work now.

If I may add my 2 cents here...

proto, I am getting the feeling that you did something to your game files

that you were not aware :roll: was cheating, perhaps just a nice

advantage over the other players ? Well dude I hate to say this

but that's why it's called EvenBalance. We all need to be on the

same playing field, in simpler terms "Fair". I hope this does not

anger you, but you got caught and in the world we live in now

Ignorance ,my friend, is NOT bliss.

Good Luck

Cant be bothered to read everything said here but maybe a violation counter on the bans. ( might have been said before ) They have this in cal where you are banned for x amount of time. Obviously its at server admin discresion.

Cant be bothered to read everything said here but maybe a violation counter on the bans. ( might have been said before ) They have this in cal where you are banned for x amount of time. Obviously its at server admin discresion.

Gandy can u please specify what you are referring to as u lost a couple of us here. Violation counters rep counters whatever u may want to call them maybe implemented by admins at a later date but as far as trying to figure out what u are saying can u give the bong a rest and clue us up?

• 2 weeks later...

throw them in the water, if they float they are a cheat, if they don't, ehh sorry our bad. Being that it's been a year, there is no real proving/disproving your cheat status. That being said, why not just use one of you other Keys, why do you have "a few other keys"??? There is no need for mulitple keys for one person. HMM... I'm infamouse for burning down barns but i'm not going to accuse here, just use one of the other keys and move on, or Email EB, or continue to bang your head agains the brick wall that Rodeo bob has become, (I'm not knocking it I love the fact that you are liket his man) and get no where.

Just registered today, quick account activation to, thanks. I"m not old school but I hope I can live up to the name of my clan. Heck maybe I'll get back into the game and help you guys catch some foos.

Hey, someone on my team was accused of using a hack.....

[03.11.2004 09:03:28] VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) #9002: ^4{^-sYn^4} ^-^4Z^-odiak^7 (slot #12) MD5Tool Mismatch: sofbot.exe [b9c70157b1dd7fbdf1c7e51978bfa44c(VALID) 68.54.12.254:-2274]

by a clan rFg.....(real fucking gamers)

(by the way i'm from {sYn} ...)

I have no clue what this thing is or does.....if you could give me a brief synopsis, that be great....cause i've been told that it isn't even a hack, so i just want to find out the truth before i start to defend ppl.

Thx

{sYn} Blindspot

Whoops....first , i didn't make a new post and i posted in here....my bad

2nd, i didn't even notice that Warmonkey is a moderator.....lol

so whoever can hook me up with some info is cool, wheter it be monkey or someone else......thx

later

The MD5Tool (a recently added tool to PunkBuster) detected the file sofbot.exe in Zodiak's SoF2 folder. The fact that this file was even in his SoF2 folder shows the intent to use it. Whether he actually uses it or has it installed.

sofbot.exe is a know aimbot for sof2.

just google for it and you will find what it is.

if that file is in somebody's folder then the md5tool will find it.

the fact that that file is in your sof2 folder means that you have/used it either in that server or an other server.

and we server admins are not to happy with that.

so thats why players with sofbot.exe get banned.

Sorry sYn .. as i tried to explain to youin our forums and in yours. Its a Valid cheat violation and the person will be added to the ban list . In Fact SirRob added him last night for me, as again I explained in your forums.

You can take it up with me in our forums (be respectfull we are not at fault)

Peace,

Oh and have your leader fill out the application for becoming a member here.

We would welcome your clan, as we do not hold a clan responsilbe for their members actions, unless of course the clan tolerates cheaters, in which case that clan would be fair game.

I publiclly would like to say this again, the rFg Family does not have a problem with the sYn clan.... only cheaters.

Peace,

ya, i'll get WarReaper to sign up on this site....can you guys also run backround checks on ppl? or show us how?

Thanks for the info....{sYn} has a ZERO TOLERENCE for cheaters....those that hack will be banned from our server, TS, and their stats posted!!

later