r_subdivisions input?

Overkill

Hey guys...

Im seing a lot of ppl getting kicked for the r_subdivisions being to high again...

IMO, its cheating... at 80 (what most get kiked for) the corneres are rounded so much u can see people while leaning around a corner but they cant see you at all, why not just use invisable skins? same effect... lol

and at about 200 it gives a wallhack affect if you lean into a wall you can see through a lot of the map and see where people are...

there seems to be a config goin around... 2 ppl i know now have had it and not known untill PB bans them for it...

some may argue against me saying its just a setting like crosshair size but then u might as well say texturehacks and wallhacks are just a setting as well, similar effects allowing u to see the other players befor they see u... sounds unfair to me lol...

thats my 2 cents, wut u guys think?

P.S.

oii is no longer up but im in BoS again as a co-serveradmin, i will be seting it up to steam as soon as i pass it by the founder. :)

Im seing a lot of ppl getting kicked for the r_subdivisions being to high again...

What should this be? I just turned on PB on a friends server and one of their members was kicked for having it at 90? In my config its set at 4?

IMHO yes it can be an exploit but it gets a bit more complex than that. About a year ago I set my server to kick for anything over 80. I got a lot of players asking me "Why was I kicked?", after explaining the reason to them they set the value lower and everything was fine. However one night when I went went on my server I got kicked for the very same reason. Now I'm not sure but I think my r_subdivisions had been set at around 4. When I looked at my configs after the kick my r_subdivisions was set at 90. I had not changed this setting myself and wondered why it had changed by itself. The only thing I had changed on my PC was to update the graphics drivers to the latest nVidia release.

I can't be certain but my gut feeling is that SoF2 sometimes resets this value when it checks what graphics card is installed and gets confused by new models. Remember this game is 4 years old now.

I may well be completely off the mark with the above but a lot of the players who were kicked off my server for this are trusted personal friends and are also admins on the server. They also said they had never changed this setting and after my experience I believe them.

So in conclusion I'll say yes it can be an exploit but please don't think that every player who gets kicked for this is attempting to cheat.

IMHO yes it can be an exploit but it gets a bit more complex than that. About a year ago I set my server to kick for anything over 80. I got a lot of players asking me "Why was I kicked?", after explaining the reason to them they set the value lower and everything was fine. However one night when I went went on my server I got kicked for the very same reason. Now I'm not sure but I think my r_subdivisions had been set at around 4. When I looked at my configs after the kick my r_subdivisions was set at 90. I had not changed this setting myself and wondered why it had changed by itself. The only thing I had changed on my PC was to update the graphics drivers to the latest nVidia release.

I can't be certain but my gut feeling is that SoF2 sometimes resets this value when it checks what graphics card is installed and gets confused by new models. Remember this game is 4 years old now.

I may well be completely off the mark with the above but a lot of the players who were kicked off my server for this are trusted personal friends and are also admins on the server. They also said they had never changed this setting and after my experience I believe them.

So in conclusion I'll say yes it can be an exploit but please don't think that every player who gets kicked for this is attempting to cheat.

Amen to that, 1st off never even heard of that darn thing, The only thing I had done recently was to update my ATI drivers to the latest with CCC, and bang !! next thing you know Im gettin Pb Kick ... & then told its cheating .. Unreal !!!

Yes I know that AcE. I was just pointing out that all is not what it seems if you have a high value set in your config.