GUID/CDKEY

darkbishop

hello......i hope some will help me with this...a player was kick by PB from my server and the reason was( Removing > player< Duplicate Guid/CDKey ) can anyone tell me what this means, so i can fix it.

hello......i hope some will help me with this...a player was kick by PB from my server and the reason was( Removing > player< Duplicate Guid/CDKey ) can anyone tell me what this means, so i can fix it.

That's a very common error. They can get that from leaving and come back too quick. Should be fine if they restart their game and come back.

NO, guidrelax should be set to 0 (standard).

Duplicate GUID kicks happen when a player connects with the same GUID as a player who already plays on your server. Reasons can for example be:

• The game suddenly crashes. The server in the first moment does not recognise that the client is not connected anymore. Then the player reconnects with his normal GUID, but the server thinks there is already someone with that GUID (the zombie version of that player). As the GUID should be an unique identification, the player gets kicked for duplicate guid.
  • Two players share the same etkey (a file located in etmain), because one player copied his etkey from the other players install. As already said, the GUID (computed from the etkey) should be unique. NEVER share your etkey with other players!

THANKS ! you guys are great, i was beginning to worry,

THANKS AGAIN FOR HELPING NOOBS LIKE ME :D , AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Now change your rcon password before mean people do mean stuff to your server. :)

A GUID is like your Social Security Number, it's yours and yours alone. If you share it, and this other person gets busted.......guess what? You're busted too. ;)