Something weird with a ban.

chris_

Hello everyone, i have a question for you. The other day i was playing with a guy in my private unranked server. this guy was using a kind of cheat (i really dont know the name of the program). After 20 minutes aproximately, the game of him closed. As i had procon opened, i read that he had received a ban, i deleted it (my mistake, i didnt copy the log), he entered to the server again with no problem. Here is my question. I've been checking for the last 3 days in anticheat.com, ggc-stream, and in pbbans, his GUID but his account is clean. how could it be?

thanks in advance.

Chris.

Hello everyone, i have a question for you. The other day i was playing with a guy in my private unranked server. this guy was using a kind of cheat (i really dont know the name of the program). After 20 minutes aproximately, the game of him closed. As i had procon opened, i read that he had received a ban, i deleted it (my mistake, i didnt copy the log), he entered to the server again with no problem. Here is my question. I've been checking for the last 3 days in anticheat.com, ggc-stream, and in pbbans, his GUID but his account is clean. how could it be?

thanks in advance.

Chris.

The default "punishment" when a player raises a cheat violation via PB software is a 2 minute kick. :o so unless you are streaming via another anti cheat site you can not have read that the player received a ban.

It's the proactive admin or 3rd party anti cheat service that apply the actual ban.

You do not stream your server via PBBans ... you do not even have a team account.

So if a player raises a cheat violation on your server, 2 minutes later he can rejoin it with no problem.

Solution to your issue;

http://www.pbbans.com/streaming-application.html

or

manually add the players pbguid to your servers pbbans.dat file

Oh, if my Server is not streaming to a third party anti-cheat The ban is not registered, right? I really dont mind if this guy used something else. But i neede to know that if my Server is not registered, bans will have no real effects.