Windows 10

MaydaX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThCr0PsyuA

• The Xbox App. Whether you only game on the PC, the console or both, the Xbox app brings together the most important aspects of your gaming life: Games, Friends, Messages, Activity Feed, your gaming legacy with Achievements, and much more.
  • Xbox Live and multiplayer across devices. Xbox Live is social, interactive, and seamlessly integrated directly into Windows 10, bringing gamers the experiences they love across devices, like multiplayer gaming on Windows 10 against players on an Xbox One, and messaging and chat with friends. And developers will get full access to the Xbox Live API, making it easier to create more powerful gaming scenarios across devices.
  • Game Streaming. Thanks to the deep integration of Xbox on Windows 10, games on Xbox One can be streamed through your home network to your Windows 10 PC or tablet, anywhere in your house. Xbox One gamers will now be able to play many of their favorite console games on their PC. And many Xbox One accessories will work interchangeably on the console and PC (with more on the way), so you can customize your experience in whatever way you see fit.
  • DirectX 12. We’ve enhanced our graphics technology to squeeze every ounce of performance out of your supported hardware and open up a new wave of innovation for high-end graphics. Delivering greater complexity and detail on your current PC, games authored or updated for DirectX 12 are able to run faster and have richer visuals. And this technology is already in the hands of developers today. The engines used to power hundreds of games are implementing DirectX 12, including Unreal Engine 4 from Epic and, as we announced today, Unity.
  • Game DVR. On Xbox One, one of the most popular features used by gamers is Game DVR, which gives simple access to recording, editing, and sharing out your most epic gaming moments. It’s not easy or consistent to do that for PC games today. We’re bringing this beloved feature to Windows 10, now accessible by simply pressing Windows+G. With the games you love playing – whether on Xbox Live, Steam, or other services – you can record, edit, and share game clips with all your social networks.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/xbox-one-phil-spencer-unveils-new-experiences-for-xbox-one-and-windows-10-gamers

Delivering Windows as a Service and a Free Upgrade to Windows 10
Today was a monumental day for us on the Windows team because we shared our desire to redefine the relationship we have with you – our customers. We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.*

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

Wow that bottom video was awesome, reminded me of the Iron Man Avengers movie with the hologram interface with Tony Starks computer he uses to blow things up and look at them, looks like movies and real world are getting closer.

You can check out the technical preview for Win10 now:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-download

Important

• Remember, trying out an early build like this can be risky. That's why we recommend that you don't install the preview on your primary home or business PC. Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything.

• After you install Windows 10 Technical Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

My question to this W10 is: Will I be able to play XBox One Games on my Gamin' Rig (PC) with my Keyboard & Mouse against Console Online Multiplayer!?

Did they finally build the bridge to connect PC & Console players online!? This would be the most epic thing to hear in gaming history for 2015!...

Then again, it might just be me wishing out loud!!!

• 1 month later...

Microsoft changing business direction. Interesting read:

http://tamebay.com/2015/02/what-will-you-do-when-you-have-to-pay-a-subscription-for-windows.html

Windows 10 is due for release some time late in 2015 and it’s going to disrupt the way that you buy computers forever. You’re going to have to pay an ongoing subscription in order to use the Windows 10 operating system.

Yes that’s right, no longer when you buy a computer will you be buying the operating system, Microsoft intend to rent it to you and if you stop paying your hardware will be rendered useless.

If this turns out to be true, I definitly will not be upgrading.