Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

SuperTaz

https://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2019?fbclid=IwAR39IO-JjpFz0PN-EBM0BhD59f_q608d8sOd68UYLRS25O8OXGXqMYGZcXI

It’s getting to be the season for the Call of Duty 2019 reveal, which means it’s also the season for Call of Duty leaks. A bunch of sources – many very reliable ones – have revealed that the new game will simply be titled Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and that the new game will have a dark, gritty tone inspired by the infamous No Russian level in Modern Warfare 2.

We’ve heard lots of hints and rumours that a new Modern Warfare was coming in 2019, though we thought it was going to be Modern Warfare 4. This morning, YouTuber LongSensation tweeted “Call of Duty 2019 is called… Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I’m not joking.” Shortly after that tweet went live, the news was corroborated by multiple other sources.

It’s to be a “soft reboot” of the Modern Warfare series, Kotaku reports, set to launch this fall from Infinity Ward. “It’ll be heavy on troubling, realistic emotions, very much inspired by the controversial No Russian campaign in Modern Warfare 2 that allowed the player to gun down civilians.”

7 hours ago, MaydaX said:

Still won't come close to what cod4 pc was I'm sure. MP will just be the same as MW2 onwards.

Very true. Just another money maker until people finally get fed up with the same old crap year after year. Then, Activision will eventually do away with the franchise.

They made a remaster of cod4 and it never took off for mp. It was the same P2P / Matchmaking crap that MW2 started.

6,075 - all-time peak

https://steamcharts.com/app/393100

If it supported dedicated servers, more than 12-18? players, server browser etc like the original cod4 then it may have been more popular .

• Like 1

Every design decision has been made with our players in mind,” said Patrick Kelly, Creative Director and co-Studio Head, Infinity Ward. “With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community. First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support. Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass, so that we can deliver more free maps and content as well as post-launch events to all players. This is just the beginning – there’s much more to come

https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-will-support-cross-play-will-not-have-a-season-pass/54441/

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, HSMagnet said:

does it have dedicated servers i can rent/own?

Doubt it but with 20 vs 20 tdm and maybe others they need to use dedicated servers so at least that is a start. I'm just happy they are finally going back to larger player counts. I couldn't stand the 5v5 and 6v6 crap year after year.

Also they plan to do cross platform between pc and consoles so it will be interesting to see how they keep cheaters out of the console world.

• 1 month later...

I tried the beta and it's a step towards bring back the cod4 / mw2 feel but has all the issues that turned me away from cod years ago. Ground war is 32 vs 32 which is a good playercount but tdm is still 6 vs 6. Matchmaking with pre-defined playlists is also a turn off. I got bored after a few rounds and went back to playing single player gears 5.

• 1 month later...

After the new update, the game crashes over and over again. I get about a minute into a match, and it crashes still: black screen, right to the desktop, no error message. Is my computer coming to its ending? By the way, I'm finding an alternative to COD MW but on the Android phone, any recommendations? I've tried the Call of Duty: Mobile on Apknite, but it's not good to spend time. 

• 6 months later...