MD5Tool Mismatch: ET.exe (len=2048) ????

firefighterdsk

I updated my et/pb with the new 2.60b does anyone know where i can get the 2.60. ever since i did the update

pb has been clearing out most of my server with the error: MD5Tool Mismatch: ET.exe (len=2048).

So now i have to do a comple uninstall and reinstall of pb.

Thanks guys.

It isnt ideal, but you may also want to consider commenting out the check for the 2.60b ETDED.exe for the time-being. I have seen quite a few people getting kicked because they have swapped out the ET.exe and hence can join and play on the server but they didn't bother updating the ETDED.exe for 2.60b.

Edited by mcsteve

It isnt ideal, but you may also want to consider commenting out the check for the 2.60b ETDED.exe for the time-being. I have seen quite a few people getting kicked because they have swapped out the ET.exe and hence can join and play on the server but they didn't bother updating the ETDED.exe for 2.60b.

The last few MCI versions contained both 2.60 and 2.60b checks - thus all stock file checks are outcommented otherwise this made no sense at all, specially if someone just uses it by copy/paste without a look into it. Simply don't run them unless you have a certain reason for it.

Tbh i dunno why to check a game.exe apart from to find a No-CD crack, must be historical reasons (/me opens the bin)

The last few MCI versions contained both 2.60 and 2.60b checks - thus all stock file checks are outcommented otherwise this made no sense at all, specially if someone just uses it by copy/paste without a look into it. Simply don't run them unless you have a certain reason for it.

Tbh i dunno why to check a game.exe apart from to find a No-CD crack, must be historical reasons (/me opens the bin)

there is a logical reason for checking files like etded.exe (but once again it is optional)

if someone renamed xxxx hack to etded.exe it can be run unless someone has etded check in their pbsvuser :)

i had to completely comment out the et.exe checks, alot of my members and a few server regulars were gettin constant kicks from it. I noticed that most of the ones getting kicked were using etstarterpro or the patch selector...that MAY have something to do with it, but it could be just coincidence.

Edited by Makaveli

I noticed that most of the ones getting kicked were using etstarterpro or the patch selector...that MAY have something to do with it, but it could be just coincidence.

Shameless plug, my 2.60b installer/2.60 reverter files for windows 4tw. Specially designed as MD5 check friendly.

:P

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/e1...opic.php?178238