FOV Scripting prevention

urdead

Any way to restrict FOV scripts? I have clients using FOV scripts and I'd like to limit the amount times a player can change FOV. They zoom in and out on players while firing. I know you can limit the range players can use, but have not found a way to limit how many times a player can change FOV.

I dont believe PB has the ability to monitor and kick for change frequency of any setting except playername. If you are really determined to restrict this, it *may* be possible with LUA. However, I notice your servers are etpub and LUA only works with etpro (update profile btw :) )

You say you have players zooming in and out whilst firing. I was just wondering, how do you know and do you think it gives them any advantage? I know some people use a toggle to change between FOVs for long and short range shots, is that what you mean?

The script goes something like this. I got it by recording the cvar values of all the players:

fov120 = "cg_fov 120;set fdn vstr fov115;set fup vstr fov125;echo fov 120"

fov115 = "cg_fov 115;set fdn vstr fov110;set fup vstr fov120;echo fov 115"

fov105 = "cg_fov 105;set fdn vstr fov100;set fup vstr fov110;echo fov 105"

fov110 = "cg_fov 110;set fdn vstr fov105;set fup vstr fov115;echo fov 110"

fov100 = "cg_fov 100;set fdn vstr fov95;set fup vstr fov105;echo fov 100"

fov95 = "cg_fov 95;set fdn vstr fov90;set fup vstr fov100;echo fov 95"

fov90 = "cg_fov 90;set fdn vstr fov90;set fup vstr fov95;echo fov 90"

fup = "vstr fov95"

fdn = "vstr fov90"

There are already LUA-type commands in etpub, such as !command, playsound...etc. Maybe it's possible already.

Edited by urdead

i've personally found no benefit imo to changing my fov.. i think mine is set at the default 90. anything higher then 120 makes the game look to.. obscured if im going to zoom in i use the basic zoomin/out feature of binocs/sniper rifle etc.

Thats just an fov toggle that allows them to toggle their starting fov and then there firing running around fov with another toggle. So a script that some have tried that has say 110 when they are running around, and as soon as they start to fire goes to 90, but I find my aim is off if I keep changing my fov so I just don't bother. At the end of the day I don't think it gives them any real benefit and I wouldn't worry

Edited by Raistlin

Don't knock it til you try it. This script works great for long distance firing, seems to increase accuracy alot. B)

I'm gonna guess this case is closed, and we'll have to live with it.

Edited by urdead

• 9 months later...

If a player zooms in and out using their entire screen as a ghetto scope for their smg/pistol/non scoped rifles,I would have to say that is pretty damn shady.

No matter how little effect it may have,they are trying to take advantage of a weakness in PB.

FoV is for comfort not zooming.

Too bad PB does'nt allow you to restrict it.

:angry:

Edited by wolf101st

Anyone know if Evenbalance ever takes good suggestions seriously enough to implimate them?

Mabey we send an appeal to an old ,but nagging problem..

B)

Edited by wolf101st