Direct2Drive Caoll of Duty 2 Problems

leroys1246

Hey gang,

I just purchased the Direct2Drive Call of Duty 2 and the single player runs fine. My friends and I try playing multiplayer on Mob Mix Maps which is extreme+

About 2 minutes into the matches it kicks me...please advise...kind of a bummer.

Posted Image

Thanks for your time!

Does this happen on all servers....or just this one?

Try joining my server: 63.171.64.211:28960 A Walk in the Valley (PBBans.com protected)

Got the same message on your server as well. ???

What is your game nick and PB GUID?

I could not tell that you tried joining my server.

What steps have you taken to resolve this? Have you tried totally uninstalling and reinstalling CoD2? Do you have any firewalls in place?

Join IRC: http://www.pbbans.com/irc/pbbans.php

I will see what I can do to help ya out.

your getting a mismatch on a stock file.

is your cod2 patched to 1.3 ?

Ok...did a complete uninstall and reinstall vie the files on the hard drive instead of the cd I burned. Logged in to mobmixmaps played for less than one game and got kicked with same message...

How do I find out what version it is...I dont think I can install retail updates on this version from d2d....

Leroy aka Cuda

vie the files on the hard drive instead of the cd I burned

Uhm...okay....so this isn't a off the shelve purchase of software? Can you tell me exactly what D2D is?

Uhm...okay....so this isn't a off the shelve purchase of software? Can you tell me exactly what D2D is?

D2D is Direct2Drive.com a buddy of mine was playing the game said it was good...I could not get to the store so I purchased it online from D2D..you download the games from them to your hard drive and then burn a copy...I dont know if everyone who purchased the game from them has this problem or not...havent recieved much help on that side...

It's not your fault buddy. It's just something that server admins need to update in their pbsvuser.cfg

cod2mp_s.exe: different versions of this file are available through Steam, D2D, and other online shops with downloadable versions of CoD2

It's not possible to create a check for all versions so its better to remove this check to avert false kicks.

Edited by RSQ_Jester