PBKick: losing key packets

xpoisonfreex

I'm sure you guys are tired of posts like this, but, I actually have details regarding my issue, and things I have tried to resolve it.

In the beginning: Purchased BF2142 via EAStink, downloaded it here at work (Colocation facility, super highspeed connection), and installed it on my laptop-

Asus A6T (or Z92T)

Turion X2 ML-52 (Dual 1.7Ghz)

1.5GB DDR2 RAM

Nvidia Go 7600 256MB

100GB HDD

8xDL DVDR

The game ran fine, I played for about 2 weeks, no issues.

About the end of Feb/beginning March I started getting kicked by PB with a black error message, and my log file says the following:

[03.18.2007 03:13:51] Losing Key Packets

[03.18.2007 03:29:46] Losing Key Packets

[03.18.2007 03:42:07] Losing Key Packets

So i burned my C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Link\cache folder to a DVD, Took it to my Desktop PC (Which is 99.9% similar in hardware to my laptop) and installed EAStink, copied the files from the DVD, and installed the game through EAstink, the game runs fine on my desktop, but I work graveyard, and purchased the game specifically to play on my laptop.

I scoured every forum, and every website FAQ, and preformed every single fix I could find, including, but not limited to:

-Manually updating Punkbuster (the html files)

-Manually deleting punkbuster, then reinstalling it with the PBSetup program

-Installed the Microsoft KBXXXXXX hotfix

-copied a friend Punkbuster folder over to my game

-disabled every non essential service under the services administration control panel

-disabled every running application on my PC

-did the GUID fix listed here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24118

-disabled the Windows firewall

-manually shut down every non essential process under windows, and attempted to run the game between each one.

-Reinstalled the 1.20 Battlefield2142 patch

-Uninstalled the game, (removing all reg entries and folders from my HDD) and reinstalling it & patches via EaLink

-Uninstalled every single application off of my PC except Battlefield/WindowsXP/Drivers

-Extracted my Serial# from the registry, reinstalled Battlefield2142 with a friends DVD, still didn't work

-Today I Formatted my entire computer, Reinstalled WindowsXP sp2, and the latest drivers, and Battlefield2142 via EaLink, still no worky.

-ReInstalled, and Played Counterstrike (A game that works)

I have done each one of these things many many times over trying to get this game working (7hrs a day 5 days a week for almost a month now)

I have Tickets open with Evenbalance and EA, both have provided absolutely no help.

Their latest tip was to send them a Tracert Log, which has nothing to do with the problem, because My laptop wont play the game at work, at home, at the coffee shop, or at my brothers house.

I'm hoping anyone can give me some advice because I totally feel robbed, F'd in the A even, this is why I haven't bought a game since quake2, EA has lost me as a customer for life, even if I can get this thing working.

Edited by xpoisonfreex

• 2 weeks later...

HEre is the latest, Clean install with the ASUS supplied restoration software, drivers etc.

installed "Security task manager" and closed every task that didnt crash my system, here is a list of the running processes on my system:

My Running Tasks

And i still get punkbusted for no reason after 3 minutes of play, here is the latest log file also:

[03.28.2007 00:25:36] Losing Key Packets

[03.28.2007 01:07:34] Losing Key Packets

[03.28.2007 01:47:33] Losing Key Packets

[03.28.2007 04:03:26] Losing Key Packets

[03.28.2007 04:31:24] Losing Key Packets

[03.28.2007 04:53:07] Losing Key Packets

this sucks! any help?

Edited by xpoisonfreex

Every thing i could think of have you allready tried in your first post.

The only thing i can recomend you to do is to try Evenbalance Trouble ticket again

Sorry i cant be much of a help

I had same problem with kicking by PB for loosing key packets. Same happened when i connected my laptop or someone else computer. I read somewhere that this is an issue with ISP, so I called my ISP and next day everything were in order...no more kicking.

Weird, yeah It happens no matter where I try to play, on my home network, my work, my brothers, or my local coffee shop.

I think I have found my problem! I recently (again) installed WinXP Sp2 with all patches on my Asus A6T/Z92T, and installed my hardware drivers one at a time (Starting with video card) and between each one, I ran the game.

the game would work fine for every step of the way ....until I installed my Synaptec Touchpad driver, and my Ricoh Card reader driver v2.15. after I installed either of these devices i would get kicked for "Losing Key Packets"

When I attempted to remove the drivers, the Kick still happened, (Perhaps the leftover files/registry entries) so I preformed a system restore to the point before those drivers were installed, and the game works fine.

hopefully that can help others research the issue, or maybe your team can help patch PB to not kick people for their hardware drivers :)

I had same problem with kicking by PB for loosing key packets. Same happened when i connected my laptop or someone else computer. I read somewhere that this is an issue with ISP, so I called my ISP and next day everything were in order...no more kicking.

Ok I narrowed the issue to one specific Device.

my Laptop has an Integrated Memory Card reader,

Normally I keep a MiniSD-to-standard SD adapter

in the drive, while only putting in a MiniSD card

when i need to transfer files for my PDA.

So in this scenario my memory Card reader icon shows

up under "MY COMPUTER" but when i double click on the

icon nothing happens (obviously Because there is no MiniSD card

in the adapter) and if I remove the Adapter, the Icon for my

Memory Card drive goes away.

So here is what I presume is the reason for the "Losing Key Packets"

kick I have been getting for 2 months: When I have the Adapter in the Drive

but with NO CARD in the adapter Windows recognizes that there is a

drive installed, but it is not accessible (Because there is no Card in the

adapter) So maybe this same reasoning can be applied to Punkbuster, it is

supposed to scan my software system to look for cheats, and when it recognizes that

there is a drive there, but it cannot access it, it kicks me.

Maybe you guys can test it, see if it makes sense.

and put me on the payroll :)