Question: cvar radar=1

rwv`

Hi,

I was just wondering if a player is kicked for cvar radar=1 its a cheat or not. punksbusted.com doesnt ban for it, but here at pbbans I found a few players that were banned for it. I know what the setting does, but is a cheat protected cvar ingame just like aim=1 and wallhack=1.

Hi,

I was just wondering if a player is kicked for cvar radar=1 its a cheat or not. punksbusted.com doesnt ban for it, but here at pbbans I found a few players that were banned for it. I know what the setting does, but is a cheat protected cvar ingame just like aim=1 and wallhack=1.

We get a lot of cheats passed to us (both private and public) .. they are then looked at by our MCI managers who take them apart for anything that is uniquely generated by the cheats and the relevant cvars and cheat files are added to our bannable items list.

A lot of the newer cheats are run outside of the game directory, and the features are toggled on and off via cvar commands .. with this in mind PBBans will add a player to the MBI if he has toggled a cheat cvar on.

Some admins disagree with banning for cvar violations and thats why we have the option in the banlist generator to include or disregard cvar catches.

As always its a choice thing, and we leave it to the guys and gals that pay for their servers as to what they ban for.

In summary, every cvar that is on our bannable items list is taken directly from cheats that we have in our CCP (cheat collection point) and with the certain knowledge that cheats are run from outside of the game directory are an ever important method of keeping your server(s) as clean as possible, which is the primary concern of PBBans.