[F.E.A.R.] Unofficial Server-patch RELEASED!

5chaap2k

Source: Unofficial Patch discussion at the VU-Games forums

Because of the lack of a new patch by Sierra/Monolith and the huge range of public/private cheats currently flooding the servers, a dedicated F.E.A.R. Player has started development of an unofficial patch.

This patch will not need any clientside downloads, and the servers will not need to send any extra files to the clients. Servers will still show up as v1.08 servers.

Click here to download the latest version (V1.1) Of the unofficial patch

Hack and cheat fixes

• Fixes Non Admins Modifying Server Settings

• Fixes Non Admins Pausing Servers

• Fixed two bugs that could allow a player to force another player to commit suicide.

• Fixes 5 Exploits that allows players to instantly kill every player in the server.

• Fixes a bug that would allow someone to control other players guns.

• Fixed a bug that allowed a player to spawn ANY weapon or item.

• Fixed 2 Infinite Health Bugs There is one more, that I can see.

• Fixed a server crash exploit.

• Fixed Teleportation Hack

• Fixed a Logic issue that could allow a player to forcibly kick another player from a server.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to play animations on other players screens.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to make other players walk at very slow speeds.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to become invisible.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to go into god'ish mode.

• Added Speed Hack Detection

• Added a few checks for spread modifications.

• Added detection of a bug that if exploited could allow a player to fire faster than he is supposed to.

• Added code that will prevent vote spamming.

• Added code to detect and prevent a player from picking up an item from anywhere on the map. Flags/Armor/Health/Ammo/Weapons etc.

• Some cheats if detected will auto add an ip ban to the server for the offending player.

• Other cheats will result in a 5 minute temporary ban.
Non hack additions and fixes
  • Added admin command to pause and unpause server.

• Added admin command to teamswitch or slay players.

• Incorporates Botz3000 64 Player Addon (windows version only)
NOTE!

Does not add any downloads to the server! This includes the Botz3000 64 Player Addon (windows version only), and players will not receive a "Invalid Assets" message if they join another server after yours.

Servers currently running this patch:

• 194.109.69.45:27888 - XS4ALL FEAR-CTF - (Amsterdam, Holland) EUR
  • 194.109.69.46:27888 - XS4ALL FEAR-TDM - (Amsterdam, Holland) EUR
  • 70.87.92.53:27888 - AoR Chicken N Beer DM - (Dallas, Texas) USA
  • 67.58.3.116:27888 - Chemical Element PUB - (Dallas, Texas) USA
Servers will be recognizable wearing the [sEC] tag behind the server's mapname!

Hy

Good work 5chaap2k. Thanks. If its free for download, please say it to me, because a lot of serveradmins want it sure, i think. :D

the [sEC] tag in front of the map names

ok forum wont make a working link of this so.. copy paste the url to a new window:

http://game-monitor.com/search.php?search=[sec]&type=map&game=fear

But stick to this thread as i keep it updated.. Sinew is still updating the patch regulary :)

the current release doesn't have the tagg's yet. Me and some others are running a slightly newer version..

i've only got the windowsversion so far:

http://194.109.69.20/files/Downloads/FEAR/...ield%20v1.1.rar

this one does have the tagg's, but please keep an eye on this thread as i expect sinew to be still working on more protections and detections :)

cool thanks :) .....and it was working for us..found the log this morning it caught a speedhack :) ...is there anyway to add these catches to PBBans???

Edited by (A.S.S)Banshee

Source: Unofficial Patch discussion at the VU-Games forums

Because of the lack of a new patch by Sierra/Monolith and the huge range of public/private cheats currently flooding the servers, a dedicated F.E.A.R. Player has started development of an unofficial patch.

This patch will not need any clientside downloads, and the servers will not need to send any extra files to the clients. Servers will still show up as v1.08 servers.

http://194.109.69.20/files/Downloads/FEAR/...ield%20v1.1.rar

Hack and cheat fixes

• Fixes Non Admins Modifying Server Settings

• Fixes Non Admins Pausing Servers

• Fixed two bugs that could allow a player to force another player to commit suicide.

• Fixes 5 Exploits that allows players to instantly kill every player in the server.

• Fixes a bug that would allow someone to control other players guns.

• Fixed a bug that allowed a player to spawn ANY weapon or item.

• Fixed 2 Infinite Health Bugs There is one more, that I can see.

• Fixed a server crash exploit.

• Fixed Teleportation Hack

• Fixed a Logic issue that could allow a player to forcibly kick another player from a server.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to play animations on other players screens.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to make other players walk at very slow speeds.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to become invisible.

• Fixed a bug that could allow a player to go into god'ish mode.

• Added Speed Hack Detection

• Added a few checks for spread modifications.

• Added detection of a bug that if exploited could allow a player to fire faster than he is supposed to.

• Added code that will prevent vote spamming.

• Added code to detect and prevent a player from picking up an item from anywhere on the map. Flags/Armor/Health/Ammo/Weapons etc.

• Some cheats if detected will auto add an ip ban to the server for the offending player.

• Other cheats will result in a 5 minute temporary ban.
Non hack additions and fixes
  • Added admin command to pause and unpause server.

• Added admin command to teamswitch or slay players.

• Incorporates Botz3000 64 Player Addon (windows version only)
NOTE!

Does not add any downloads to the server! This includes the Botz3000 64 Player Addon (windows version only), and players will not receive a "Invalid Assets" message if they join another server after yours.

Servers currently running this patch:

• 194.109.69.45:27888 - XS4ALL FEAR-CTF - (Amsterdam, Holland) EUR
  • 194.109.69.46:27888 - XS4ALL FEAR-TDM - (Amsterdam, Holland) EUR
  • 70.87.92.53:27888 - AoR Chicken N Beer DM - (Dallas, Texas) USA
  • 67.58.3.116:27888 - Chemical Element PUB - (Dallas, Texas) USA
  • 74.53.115.40:27888- TEXAS battlegrounds #1-(Dallas,Texas) USA
Servers will be recognizable wearing the [sEC] tag behind the server's mapname!

the current release doesn't have the tagg's yet. Me and some others are running a slightly newer version..

i've only got the windowsversion so far:

**beta link removed**

this one does have the tagg's, but please keep an eye on this thread as i expect sinew to be still working on more protections and detections :)

I have the version without the [sEC] tag its fine but it crashes all the time i dont run a home server the server i have is

a 18 player server it crashes at time and theres only 4-5 players. the map changes on its own and now has the scmd cmd jsut me i changed it and same thing. Id llike to send you the files so u can take a look at them to make sure theres nothing wrong in the setup. But the server is behaving wierd and its never happended before the new patch.

I now have the version with the Sec tag and hope it fixes some issues heres the addy for the server

#1//Newbies//Chicago//*DM

Address: 208.100.20.39:27888

Version: FEAR v1.08

GameType: DeathMatch

GameVariant: -archcfg Retail

Timelimit: 20

Fraglimit: 500

Players / Max: 0 / 18

NumTeams: 0

Punkbuster: Yes

Password: No

Please help.

cool thanks :) .....and it was working for us..found the log this morning it caught a speedhack :) ...is there anyway to add these catches to PBBans???

nope, it only logs the ingameGUID (not PBguid) and IP into a logfile and then bans it ingame. The plugin does not commincate with or use Punkbuster at all :)

it uses a different detetection methods as PB asswell :)

I have the version without the [sEC] tag its fine but it crashes all the time i dont run a home server the server i have is

a 18 player server it crashes at time and theres only 4-5 players. the map changes on its own and now has the scmd cmd jsut me i changed it and same thing. Id llike to send you the files so u can take a look at them to make sure theres nothing wrong in the setup. But the server is behaving wierd and its never happended before the new patch.

I now have the version with the Sec tag and hope it fixes some issues heres the addy for the server

#1//Newbies//Chicago//*DM

Address: 208.100.20.39:27888

Version: FEAR v1.08

GameType: DeathMatch

GameVariant: -archcfg Retail

Timelimit: 20

Fraglimit: 500

Players / Max: 0 / 18

NumTeams: 0

Punkbuster: Yes

Password: No

Please help.

SO far the server hasn't crashed yet ( Knock on wood ) but one thing i'd liek to now is why does the patch erase all the ips in the BanIPList.txt file, when I ban someone for cheating when PB doesnt detect it, I ban their GUID and their ip just incase they have several GUIDs, but the new SEC patch erases the ips in the list. I know this is not an official patch but its a great patch but theres another issue I'm experiencing and I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, at times it looks like many bombs are being set off, explosions everywhere, is this a bug in the new patch cause i never seen this before installing the patch ? I thought someone was hacking at first but its happened to me also when i come in the map, other people are like wtf ! explosions everywhere! it lasts for like 5+ secs .Can someon help with these issues i'm having .

Mr.Bouncer

we're currently working on a new version of this patch wich addresses some issue's

ive tested the bannediplist problem and don't get it on my servers.. it keeps the files and doesn;t empty them at all.. the patch does nothing to the bannediplist rather then add it's own bans to it..

SO far the server hasn't crashed yet ( Knock on wood ) but one thing i'd liek to now is why does the patch erase all the ips in the BanIPList.txt file, when I ban someone for cheating when PB doesnt detect it, I ban their GUID and their ip just incase they have several GUIDs, but the new SEC patch erases the ips in the list. I know this is not an official patch but its a great patch but theres another issue I'm experiencing and I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, at times it looks like many bombs are being set off, explosions everywhere, is this a bug in the new patch cause i never seen this before installing the patch ? I thought someone was hacking at first but its happened to me also when i come in the map, other people are like wtf ! explosions everywhere! it lasts for like 5+ secs .Can someon help with these issues i'm having .

Mr.Bouncer

I Have had something fairly close to that....Mine was that where there should be 3 M77 Remote Bombs there was only 2 the other one never spawned.It did this on sevrel differnt maps as well..But I restarted the server and it did'nt do it again. Edited by Sapphire

!!!! NEW VERSION RELEASED !!!!

Sinew released v1.1 of his patch!

This version includes the [sEC] Tags in front of the mapname's and has alot of fixes (servercrash issue resolved, removed a few false positives and more)

ppl allready running a [sEC]Tagged version still need to update it!!

Download the new version here (XS4ALL Mirror)

[*] Some cheats if detected will auto add an ip ban to the server for the offending player.

[*] Other cheats will result in a 5 minute temporary ban.

From the 5 minutes temp ban , is there a cmd that can change that to a permenant ban, cause if you cheat on a server the cheater should never be allowed on the server.

Edited by //Flash//

//Flash// please register on the VUGames forums and ask patch specific questions there..

Sinew is on a dialup connection so he's not going to check all forums that talk about his patch ;)

//Flash// please register on the VUGames forums and ask patch specific questions there..

Sinew is on a dialup connection so he's not going to check all forums that talk about his patch ;)

oh ok thx will do.

there are several threads on this patch on several different forums and no. the patch is nog abandonned Sinew is testing a new version atm wich fixes alot of issues :)