Help Stopping Server Crashers!!

aaron_c

I'm posting this on behalf of some friends...there are a couple of guys that every time they see an ))ICE(( server up, they crash it. They have dynamic IP's. They can't even run an ))ICE(( server anymore. Is there anything they can do to put a stop to them crashing the servers? I have names, but I didn't figure it would be useful...nolimit d-day and lynx.

One other question. If he can't be banned due to his dynamic IP, is there any way to find his ISP and have a talk with them about it? This has become a serious problem, the servers aren't even up anymore because he just crashes them as soon as they come up.

And for some background info, they are mad because one of them was kicked for being inside the wall and shooting players as they walked by. So now they say they are going to crash every server my friends make from now on.

You can report them to their isp's, but you'll need to go prepared with logs etc if you decide to do that. You can also try this, But doing so you will also ban innocents so it's up to you.

PB_SV_BanMask [iP Address / Subnet Mask]

Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command

You can also point your friends in the direction of pbbans so they can set up streaming.

You can report them to their isp's, but you'll need to go prepared with logs etc if you decide to do that.

I've had enough...what all do I need to do this? I'm going to do it for sure, it's getting old after over a week. What programs do we need to download, and how do I find out who their ISP's are, so I can get in touch?

Get all the logs from your server from each time the server was crashed, Also if you have any, Chat logs of these people posssibly discussing it. Use google to search for an ip trace tool, The results of the ip trace should give you the isp for the ip, Eg (xx.xx.xxx.x.whatever.com) find whatever.com and look for an [email protected] link or complaints. Remeber dont go off your trolley be calm and polite.

I went threw this last year,,,theres a back door in all rocmods that allows all "non" pb servers to be hacked..if the players smart enough he can use even your guid..simple solution..turn pb on.... better solution turn pbbans on :lol: