A Question for MayDax & the PB Crew

ImpulsivePlay3r

OK so i found this link, its a 3rd party so i hear & makes the settings on bf2 ultra high, im not going to install this as im unaware whether you will get a global ban or hardware ban & i asked myself is that really worth it?

so i want a personal opinion & informing these guys on there forums about what they done if this is illegal will be nice, to stop other people getting banned if it is some sort of hack

http://majorgeeks.com/Battlefield_2_Tweaker_d4767.html

Not sure about the exe but the .con files are just config files for BF2 and you won't get kicked for using them.

ok i understand that, but can i have a solid answer whether or not if i use these will i get banned for installing this ?

a personal opinion or a professional one will be good :)

You will not get banned for using those custom con files.

ok i got the all clear from you, thanks :) its just that i got told by a few people its a 3rd party

^ the files have been tweaked which according to EA's User Agreement it isnt allowed, somethink along them lines, how can you be so sure the exe files wasnt touched tho?

what im saying is can you double check for yourself & look into it, i want to be on the safe side & make sure i wont get banned because i want better Graphics.

Thanks

Not sure about the exe but the .con files are just config files for BF2 and you won't get kicked for using them.

Im sure he will get back to you on this when he reads but from what he said was he isnt sure about the executable but the .con files are fine

in games with full-value console variables (CVar's) it is a quite easy to resolve issue, server admins just have to knock up some sensible - i.e. considered to be fair and balanced - pb CVar restrictions e.g. like:

// ***********************************************

// ****{ Suggested Game Specific CVar Checks }****

// ***********************************************

pb_sv_cvar cg_fov in 90 120

pb_sv_cvar cg_shadows in 0 1

etc.

... as you see this is handled by punkbuster server, and we are a punkbuster support site to put it short;

in BF2 et.al. tweaks is an issue that has to be returned back to EA, do i need to say more ;p

in general: Tweaking unequals Cheating.

There are a few tweaks in BF2 that is cheating (show enemy tags, no static on TV cam, etc) but those con files are just video settings.

Also BF2 / BF2142 doesn't support CVAR checks like other games.

There are a few tweaks in BF2 that is cheating (show enemy tags, no static on TV cam, etc) but those con files are just video settings.

Also BF2 / BF2142 doesn't support CVAR checks like other games.

well for me to double check i sent a few EA Admins the message & waiting for a reply back then ofcourse i come to you for opinion or advice on this matter if you like, im gonna sit tight & wait on this verdict because if it is classed as a cheat then im sure bf2geeks will be more then happy to take this away, now if its allowed great job :)

--EDIT--

heres the Message i got from EAUK_Omni

It's a difficult one as I can't see it giving any advantage unless it allows you to turn off fog etc. It also only seems to work with 1.2 so it won't be much good now anyway. I'll forward it on just in case.

Edited by Scott6969