PB HACK 130440

Nye

We haven't recieved any info that it's a false positive at this time, since all the bans we have are dated aug 8, 2007 it may be possible.

We will lift all those bans should EB inform us it's a false positive.

I just got kicked for the same code.... Something is going on with PB.

worm

We haven't recieved any info that it's a false positive at this time, since all the bans we have are dated aug 8, 2007 it may be possible.

We will lift all those bans should EB inform us it's a false positive.

Got back on and played again for quite a while. No problems. Then one clan member left and WHAM. Same violation.

Then we noticed a patern, BOTH times I got kicked for this, one of the other players on vent with me disconnected from the server the split instant before I got kicked. Also, it was the SAME player both times.

I see him disconnect then instantly get kicked with this error...

We tried reproducing this manually, by both jumping on the server again and having him disconnect, but it didn't happen then. I just find it a HUGE coincidence that both times this player disconnected from a server before, that I instantaneously (less than a second later) get kicked for this violation.

edit: I did submit a troubleticket with EB.

worm

Edited by bullet-worm

You weren't speccing him were you :-)

I've spec'd him a lot, and looked at pbscreens

he plays with us all the time and is a good cal o player, but nothing you'd ever thing was walling or hacking

just totally out of place

he's not on any ban list for anything, I'll have him submit a ticket to Evenbalance

he got kicked again later for it too in another scrim

highly doubt he would have kept using it if it REALLY was a hack

Edited by Nye

No I mean't as in when you got kicked. There have been a few cases where someone speccing has been kicked for the same message the person they were watching got booted for. most of those had been resolved but who knows.

There have been a few cases where someone speccing has been kicked for the same message the person they were watching got booted for.

... and i thought this bug was exclusive to rtcw/shrubmod :D

Heh heh and why should us old shrub bods feel so special ;-) Now we can go anyway and take our chaos with us . Seen it a few times on old etpro servers 3.2.4 was the last time I remember seeing it for sure.

You weren't speccing him were you :-)

hmm. No, in both cases for me I was an active player. Maybe he was specing me though. I don't know, didn't think to ask him that.

No response from PB yet.

worm

• 2 months later...