Cheat proving - How ?!?

Hello.

First some info:

The game is Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, patched to final version.

The server is "play.evrocom.net", PB enabled.

The map is Temple, i think the first release here is a link.

County is Bulgaria.

The problem:

Some of the players in this server attempt to accuse one of my clanmates of using a hack. I have a demo record of his play. It's not made by me. You can find it at this address http://avatar.bitex.com/et/HELL.dm_83.

Please, help me decide, is there something cheaty in his gameplay, or he is just a good ET player.

Thanks forward.

p.s. Sorry for my bad English.

I've watched this demo and didn't see him doing anything extraordinary in it. I also don't see any obvious signs of hacking in it.

Exactly what is he being accused of doing?

I believe there are some areas in that particular map (or maybe it's in the entire thing) that make the player skins appear differently right? This may have been discussed in the private area, so perhaps somebody else can shed some light.

What's the basis of their hacking claims? If they're just getting the stuffing beat out of them, then it's a common thing for lesser players to scream "omg, hax!" to appear less loser-like.

If the admins on that server can't find a legitimate reason to call him out for cheating, then it's probably time to tell the players leveling the accusations to stfu. :D

Ive watched it over three times, with show normals, slomo and in free floating spec. There doesnt appear to be any evidence whatsoever of cheating.

I would see if you can find out exactly what they thought was hacking.

Exactly what is he being accused of doing?

They claim, that he is using some kind of cheat (some said that it is an aim bot) to aim easier at others head. Also they said, that he is able to switch on/off that cheat very fast, so PB cant detect it.

I posted your answers at our forum as an evidence of experts, but unfortunetly, most of the people didnt believe that he is clean (of course I beleive you).

So, I dont know what else can I do to prove this. Give me some ideas?

Im sure, that my case is not the first one.

I have another favour to ask of you. I have a demo record, of other player, who also have been claimed as a cheater.

Some info:

The server is play.evrocom.net, NOT PB enabled.

The map is Carnage 2, here is a link. ( ~3 MB)

The demo is here.(~500 KB)

The demo is about 4 months old, but it raised a big discussion at our forum. The blaim is, that the guy is using wallhack.

Please tell me your opinion. Thank you.

The server is play.evrocom.net, NOT PB enabled.  

The map is Carnage 2, here is a link. ( ~3 MB)  

The demo is here.(~500 KB)  

The server is NOT PB enabled.... well if its not PB enabled then its a free for all, I personally am not interested in ANY server which does not run PB.

The server is NOT PB enabled.... well if its not PB enabled then its a free for all, I personally am not interested in ANY server which does not run PB.

Let me tell the story.

In the begining of octber 2003, the admin of play.evrocom.net activated the Pb on it. For two weeks there was a big complains from the players for constant lag and interrupt problems. So the PB was deactivated.

The demo on caranage 2 raised a big fight about cheating in the server. It was shot at the middle of december (2003-12-15). Since than, our ET server was always PB enabled.

The server is really 'free for all' but, because of the slow speed of connections between Bulgaria and the rest of the world, in fact it is only for Bulgarians.

So, when i wanted you to help me with the first demo, there was an asking to give you the second, and see what is your opinion about it.

It's not big, maybe 2-3 minutes.

Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

Like you said, the connection, location, and hardware associated with the server dictates the quality of the server. If PB being enabled is showing signs of lag, it is definealty a situation of the server connection, location, and hardware not being able to handle the extra bandwidth. Remember that it is not PB causing the lag, but the servers limitations being visualized due to the extra things going on with the game software. Just wanted to make that note since the discussion has come up many times with server admins that I have talked to.