2.55 http download crashes

smartiz

Hello

I encounter the 1st bug in the list of fixes than 2.6 brings :lol: : the http download crashes.

My URL redirection is good, because many players can download the PK3 file of the mod.

But sometimes, the server crashes and the last message in the console is:

... dowload bobot/mp_bin.pk3 <== crash occurs sometimes, so no second line with 'beginning ...'

Is there a way to workaround this problem, or am I obliged to patch 2.6 or to forgive mod ?

(In the 2 cases, nobody will come on my poor server )

Thanks in advance, $mart

PS : for Linux servers a fix exists for 2.55/2/56 and seems to resolve at least my download bug

[Link Removed - I know you were not attempting to link to anything nefarious, but Google indexes this forum & thus can't have cheat site distribution links :)]

Edited by Chris64
Link Removed

Hello

I encounter the 1st bug in the list of fixes than 2.6 brings :lol: : the http download crashes.

My URL redirection is good, because many players can download the PK3 file of the mod.

But sometimes, the server crashes and the last message in the console is:

... dowload bobot/mp_bin.pk3

Is there a way to workaround this problem, or am I obliged to patch 2.6 or to forgive mod ?

(In the 2 cases, nobody will come on my poor server )

Thanks in advance, $mart

PS : for Linux servers a fix exists for 2.55/2/56 and seems to resolve at least my download bug

[Link Removed - I know you were not attempting to link to anything nefarious, but Google indexes this forum & thus can't have cheat site distribution links :)]

I have never encountered this problem but I have never used bobots. Does it only crash on that file? I also believe the download bug 'fix' you are referring to is not for the problem you have. There is a security vulnerability re downloads in 2.55/2.56/2.60 (non B). How many PK3's do you have in your directories? Too many can cause download crashes.

Thanks chris to answer me !

I've tried OmniBot (0.532 + 0.66): on my FTP server basename is ./omnibot/et_omnibot.pk3

Idem with BoBot and its two files: ./bobot/bobot.pk3 and ./bobot/mp_bin.pk3

I can not remember with FritzBot, but crashes idem after some new players (it is randomize: once the third connection, once the 10th connection)

You see ... not too many files (maxi was 2 ...)

@+

$mart

Thanks chris to answer me !

I've tried OmniBot (0.532 + 0.66): on my FTP server basename is ./omnibot/et_omnibot.pk3

Idem with BoBot and its two files: ./bobot/bobot.pk3 and ./bobot/mp_bin.pk3

I can not remember with FritzBot, but crashes idem after some new players (it is randomize: once the third connection, once the 10th connection)

You see ... not too many files (maxi was 2 ...)

@+

$mart

np, you are quite welcome.

Again, I know very little about Fritzbot or BoBot. But I know OmniBot has some pretty big issues (the newer ones) with ET 2.55 (afaik 0.532 should work). Did OmniBot crash too (including 0.532?) & what mod are you using, if any, in addition to the bots.

My recommendation to you would be to install either Jaymod ro ETPub, with Omni-Bots. If you are able to set up Omni-Bots, I see no reason why you should not be capable of installing a mod.

You'll get a lot of new features, and I can also tell you that Omni-Bot 0.532 runs very smoothly in 2.55 :)

thx Chris & BW for your attention :rolleyes:

Chris, yes I've tried the version OB 0532 (advice read in previous thread of BlackWolf) but the result was the same. And I do not use any mod, just ETmain 2.55 with or without patch 1.01.

In one hand, I am sure it is not a bot mode issue (idem with OmniBot/FritzBot/BoBot) and is due to the http download bug of 2.55

In the other hand, BlackWolf, you are right: if I install JayMod in the same version of you, we will be in the same configuration - so I am confident in your opinion: maybe the JayMod acts also in "purifing" or "fixing" some behaviours of this fabulous game ... I can dream and am going to install this satan

thx Chris & BW for your attention :rolleyes:

Chris, yes I've tried the version OB 0532 (advice read in previous thread of BlackWolf) but the result was the same. And I do not use any mod, just ETmain 2.55 with or without patch 1.01.

In one hand, I am sure it is not a bot mode issue (idem with OmniBot/FritzBot/BoBot) and is due to the http download bug of 2.55

In the other hand, BlackWolf, you are right: if I install JayMod in the same version of you, we will be in the same configuration - so I am confident in your opinion: maybe the JayMod acts also in "purifing" or "fixing" some behaviours of this fabulous game ... I can dream and am going to install this satan

Nice to see you finally fixed it :)

As a note, however, I find that Omni-Bot 0.66 usually crashes after the server has been running for 30+ hours.

grrrrrrrrr - you are right - it still fails one or twice per day - but I look for a tool as a watchdog to re-launch it as it crashes (no crontab under micro$oft ....) - will tell you if I find it !

Bye - $mart

Jaymod 2.0.6 + Omni-Bot 0.61 should run very smoothly for you, although you will lose some features included in Jaymod 2.1.7.

To be honest, I still prefer Omni-Bot 0.532. They seem to stand around less (in my experience anyway). 0.66 bots often stand completely still like Lemons in the middle of the map. They'll run around, find the most open expanse possible, then stand there waiting to have their heads sniped off.

Luckily my server now only needs bots during the quiet periods. I look forward to getting rif of them completely in the near future.

BTW... the watchdog command will not do anything. This is because the server does not actually crash. It is still running, just in a crashed state. Hard to explain, but the watchdog command will NOT be executed.

Edited by =BLACKWOLF=