blacked out screenshots

slow coach

It realy does blow!!! BUT! it is also well known in public hack places too and they exploit this. If there not doing "GOD" like things say 800 kills 2 deaths we lets them stay and inform them of the problem.

Yep, from what I gather most hacks turn off and produce a clean ss or they just send back a black one. For that reason I decided that looking at screen shots was a waste of time and bandwith and turned them off. That and I was getting about 60% of my screen shots back as black or some crazy wall paper. It was either that or I start banning for people for bad screen shots.

I am sure someone will take issue with that but hoenstly i never saw one screenshot that looked like a hack in cod4....

Edited by wraithwingus

• 3 weeks later...
Uhmmm thats dumb. I've tried everything to fix my own screenshots without luck, so now am I expected to get banned from every "nub" server admin because of running Vista?

Another thought Skabby, I know a server who continually bans for black screenshots. And the same server bans this one guy on a weekly basis, even though his screenshots come back clean. They say he's running some type of hack that PunkBuster doesn't catch. I used to belong to the clan that has the server and left because of the TWIT's banning wrongly all the time.

I've sat next to the guy that keeps getting banned, watching his every move, and nothing out of the ordinary, he's just that good and they can't stand it. Since leaveing that clan, I've joined another clan that streams all the time, and the guy that keeps getting banned comes over to play and he's still shooting people left and right and hasn't been banned at all.

Some server's can't stand to have anyone better than them show up and be better than them. Just another gotta be the best, I guess.

Oh, forgot to mention, the clan that I'm talking about, they've been around since Battlefield 2 has come out, so they've been there for awhile and aren't a "Noob" clan by no means. It's a same that they have to act the way that they do, cause many of them are good in their own right.

The*Animal

Edited by {S8G}TheAnimal

Some server's can't stand to have anyone better than them show up and be better than them. Just another gotta be the best, I guess.

True story.

On the whole, I find it tends to be the much more inexperienced admins which decide to issue kicks and bans left right and centre.

Black screenshots are still misunderstood by a lot of server admins, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that bugs and certain hardware causes this. Their server, their rules I guess.

Hello,

VistaUltimate and an 8800GTX here.

With AA I get good screenshots when playing under Vista but return blank ones when using XP.

With CoD4, good screen shots on both O/S's.

Steve

Let me put it this way: We all produce black SS.

Now, with that out of the way, you guys should really listen to what Benway told about the car thief story, much info in those few line guys ;)

90% of black SS are not hackers 10% are most likely not hackers either, the rest could be a hacker... Got my drift?

Well lets set it to 9% and leave the rest to be hackers then...

Bottom line here is not to assume nothing as you guys do, after some few months now some of you will quote the guy who shouted loudest on this phenomenon and use this as an "legit" reason to ban. One is saying Vista, some are saying AA, some are saying it ain't that way at all, and you all are right. But don't call this for hacks if you cant back it up with proof.

I will not ban players for this reason at all, not before he get suspicious in other ways that is.