Trouble Streaming

{BH}MisterGiter

I tried setting up our BF2 server to stream to the hub using the BF2CC client and after entering all the commands line by line, I went into the ftp and the pbsv.cfg and the pbucon.use files aren't there. Any idea why? Oh, I tried the FTP method and no luck.

Edited by {BH}MisterGiter

I'm completely at a loss as to how we can make setting up Hub streaming any simpler.

Any suggestions welcome.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?aut...&showfile=9

If you tried the rcon/bf2cc method of initiating streaming and nothing appeared in your root pb folder, the first thing I would check is if your server gives a response to a bog standard pb command.

i.e pb_sv_homepath (this will give you the exact location of your pb root directory)

I do apologize that I'm not a PBbans Hub Streaming Master, but I'll keep you up-to-date with my progress. :rolleyes:

THe last three servers we had, the streaming went smoothly. The only difference is that on this server that we are setup with now needed Punkbuster to be updated manually. We got ftp access to the server to update PB which went smoothly. Now we just can't get it to work, tried the FTP method and the BF2CC method and nothing. I am thinking it must be an issue with pb folder permissions, could that be the problem?

I'm completely at a loss as to how we can make setting up Hub streaming any simpler.

Any suggestions welcome.

Running my own coaching development company for all sports the dynamics of all clients have different circumstances. With a reply like this, PBbans really need to screen their employee's/ volunteers a little btr... I guess this is what you get when there isn't a cost to the service and someone who is tired of their duties...

With a reply like this, PBbans really need to screen their employee's/ volunteers a little btr...

There's no employees at PBBans, we are all volunteers. :rolleyes:

About the streaming problem :

Are you sure you pressed the right button in BF2142CC ? the one with the C:\> icon and not did just send it by pressing enter or clicking the other button ?

Our organization has donated to this site for the mere fact that it is volunteer ran and not to mention the free service you provide.

As far as the streaming problem goes, all previous setups on various servers that I have performed have been done flawlessly. On this particular server I have ran the setup several times using the FTP method and the BF2CC method, with no luck at all. I do know which button to use in BF2CC as I double-checked everything repeatedly. When I type in the first command in the setup process it does not write those files to the FTP as they are not there. I checked our old server's FTP (which is in a cancellation proccess) and the files required to stream are still there, even with pbsv.cfg screenshot settings to our liking still remain. Since my eyes can only see as far as the file not being written into our server's FTP, I figured it would be best to cover all bases on this issue by contacting both Pbbans and our server's host, hence this forum topic. This might be an issue that Pbbans is not aware of and might ease some minds in the future. After our server gets reinstalled I will try the BF2CC setup once more and will let you know of the results.

Edited by {BH}MisterGiter

I do apologize that I'm not a PBbans Hub Streaming Master, but I'll keep you up-to-date with my progress. :rolleyes:

THe last three servers we had, the streaming went smoothly. The only difference is that on this server that we are setup with now needed Punkbuster to be updated manually. We got ftp access to the server to update PB which went smoothly. Now we just can't get it to work, tried the FTP method and the BF2CC method and nothing. I am thinking it must be an issue with pb folder permissions, could that be the problem?

That was not meant to sound like a detrimental comment Bro, sorry if it came across as such.

At the end of the how to stream tutorial there is a troubleshooting guide.

Does your server respond to bog standard pb commands ?

Our organization has donated to this site for the mere fact that it is volunteer ran and not to mention the free service you provide.

As far as the streaming problem goes, all previous setups on various servers that I have performed have been done flawlessly. On this particular server I have ran the setup several times using the FTP method and the BF2CC method, with no luck at all. I do know which button to use in BF2CC as I double-checked everything repeatedly. When I type in the first command in the setup process it does not write those files to the FTP as they are not there. I checked our old server's FTP (which is in a cancellation proccess) and the files required to stream are still there, even with pbsv.cfg screenshot settings to our liking still remain. Since my eyes can only see as far as the file not being written into our server's FTP, I figured it would be best to cover all bases on this issue by contacting both Pbbans and our server's host, hence this forum topic. This might be an issue that Pbbans is not aware of and might ease some minds in the future. After our server gets reinstalled I will try the BF2CC setup once more and will let you know of the results.

All we need to do now is get our posts in sequence :P

Ever used irc ?

We are on the quakenet network

channel #pbbans

There is a java version you can use on the left hand side of our main website were you can chat "live" to a staff member re any probs your having,.

I find it eliminates the misunderstanding of posted replies.

btw, I meant what I said, if you come across a scenario of not being able to initiate streaming that we have not encountered before, then your input is welcome and we can update the tutorials to include a fix.

That was not meant to sound like a detrimental comment Bro, sorry if it came across as such.

At the end of the how to stream tutorial there is a troubleshooting guide.

Does your server respond to bog standard pb commands ?

Oh no problem man. I know you guys/gals have things laid out the best way possible. We ran pb_sv_uconlist or something of that nature and we got no responses at all. One thing that I noticed that was different was that when I ran pb_sv_restart it didn't affect any players in the game, in our past servers when I ran that command line it kicked clients from the server, when I ran it yesterday during the setup proccess it didn't do anything. I am almost positive the server isn't responding to pb commands.

Shelby15 .... fozzer wasn't being rude. He was eluding to the fact that setting up streaming is a simple process and nothing more. {BH}MisterGiter's problem isn't the streaming setup it is his PB not cooperating. I think you misinterepted fozzer's post and decided to make a comment of your own. I deleted it the first time around and I see that you reposted it again. As far as us screening our employees/volunteers.....we do. I don't believe with your new membership here...you have had a proper chance to get to know fozzer or any of the other Staff here.

Shelby15 .... fozzer wasn't being rude. He was eluding to the fact that setting up streaming is a simple process and nothing more.

Rob I agree with that statement because our previous server(s) were a breeze to set up.

after reading the comment over an over, I believe it could be interpreted either way... possibly I interpreted it by the way the day had unfolded - a full day that is. We tried and tried to make things work even to the point where we had to submit tickets over and over to the server provider and them coming back to use telling us it is a PB issue and they could do nothing... Mister Giter finally posted on your site after hrs of dealing with game servers... It seemed like the buck was being passed and no-one not wanting to help us at all... I can tell you frustration levels were extremely high...

Yes I posted the second time because I simply thought the first post never uploaded. After reading DaLynX & Fozzers replies they have handled the issue to what I would expect from my employees

The simple fact that all other streaming initiatives on other servers have worked flawlessly should have alerted your GSP that there was a problem with the PB install for this particular server.

It's always a convenient pass the buck excuse when a server administrator mentions that he's trying to stream, wether its to PBBans or another AC site.

Putting streaming to one side for the time being :P my first and foremost priority would be to get the server to respond to standard PB commands.

Any of these commands should elicit a response off the server;

pb_sv_homepath

pb_sv_ver

wait till there are players on the server;

pb_sv_plist

if you have ftp access and auto pbss enabled (pb_sv_AutoSs 1 ) then there should be pbss in the root pb dir / svss folder.

To put it in a nutshell, when the above commands return a response it will be a safe bet that the streaming commands will work just like they did every other time.

You will probably elicit a better support response off your GSP by asking why you can not get a server response to any of the above commands and not mention streaming at all.

When you are confident that the PB issue has been fixed then we can concentrate on the streaming issue (if there is one) :)