Disconnecting on new map

RaverBaby

Sorry if this the wrong section but seemed right place to me :)

Ok so i been playin cod4 for bout 1 week on my laptop till i buy a new monitor and i,ve updated too 1.4 patch updated pb and my gfx drivers too the latest but now i get kicked on most servers when changin maps an have to keep connectin. Is there away to stop this pls any help would be great cause its really annoyin me now having to re-connect everytime.

My laptop specs are

---------------------------------

AMD Sempron 3000+

Raedon x700 pci express

1gb DDR Ram

Edited by RaverBaby

I have the issue that it tells me "Server Disconnected" when I first launch my game and go into the first server, or I connect to a server running any type of mods (Xfire mod or PAM4, etc etc etc). I type "reconnect" in console and then usually don't have the problem again. This issue also started when I patched to 1.4. So hopefully they fix it with the next patch.

Have not had any such problems, and run my server with 1.4 patch as well as my game's install.

Update your PB with pbsetup.exe and make sure that both a and b can run in automatic mode as services.

Done that and i used the pbsvc.exe an there both runnin and working fine but still get the server disonnected on new map load half the time and have to keep re-connect.

Anyway thanks for the help guys :)

Thats that same message server disconnected..

And where do you type in console reconnect? ingame an it stops kicking you on map load?

All you do is hit your tilde key (~) and type in /reconnect then hit enter and you will go right back into the server you were trying to get in to.

Sometimes your internet connection is the problem, and players may need to put in a ticket with evenbalance to resolve issues regarding that.

There are settings that you can research on the evenbalance.com website, as well, to slow down your connection a bit to the master servers, if your internet connection isn't particularly fast.

Off the top of my head, something like pb_sv_wait and a setting that is integer related, but without going onto the site atm and scrolling through it all again, would not say to quote me on that.

Make sure things like your maxpackets settings are working in your favor, as well as your maxfps setting, as both play an integral part in ping-time, communication to servers, and to how well your game performs.

Something that plays a huge part of things is actually your hardware. The higher-end it is, the better your game will perform.

I'll give you an example that I personally went through recently. While having a high-end motherboard, and decent mid to high-end ram(667Mhz, not top dog, but good enough) and a 4-core processor, my game did not perform all that well, even with graphics turned down, and had some issues with this or that, related to pb.

Grabbed myself an 8800GT, and my ping dropped almost 30 pts, and a lot of those problems went with the old card being laid aside. Who knew? :scratchchin:

In any event, when making a post like this, it's more important to let us know some system specs, as well as operating system, and perhaps type of internet connection. If you're on wireless, that could change things from being hard-wired to a modem, vs being on a network with a router that may not be properly set up, etc.

Lots of variables to work with, give us some details and we'll do our best to help you sort them.

I have a fairly decent connection 16mb wireless with a NETGEAR router.. going back to broadband soon tho when my contract finishes this year cause cant game with wireless at all. :) I posted my specs above when i made the topic too.

My laptop specs are

---------------------------------

Acer Aspire 3023WLMI

AMD Sempron 3000+

Raedon x700 pci express

1gb DDR Ram

Edited by RaverBaby

The wireless connection may well be your problem.

Don't know how many times I've seen someone with that connection interrupted icon above their head in ET, but 99% of them were on wireless.

Wireless just isn't meant for gaming, and if you want it to work, you've got to spend money on a really high-end router, and more than most people want to bother with, btw. My thoughts there, since wireless routers generally also allow for wired connections, go get yourself a cable, plug it into your NIC and router, and test to see if that's your issue. If there's no difference, then we need to troubleshoot elsewhere.

Something I want to add here, btw, and this is just something as a food for thought idea, here.

You're running a laptop.

Laptops, even when dedicated to being a gaming laptop, are not ideal gaming machines.

Laptops suffer from heat, mostly due to shoving all those parts into a really small space, with limited ability to cool them down.

Your average PC has a powersupply that has it's own fan, a vid card that has it's own fan, and at the very least, with bare-bones systems, at least one case-fan, but in this day and age, more likely several. ????

When was the last time you even saw a laptop with anything more than that tiny little fan at the back...something like 10mm, to exhaust the heat?

Heat causes slow-downs like you won't believe, yet so many keep trying.

You can buy cooling pads at your local pc-store that will help cool the system down a fair bit, and they will also help extend things like battery life in the long run, but are no whooping anything, compared with a real pc, for gaming.

Yea i didnt think wireless would be such a problem that it has been for gamin thats why im goin back to broadband soon.I never really had problems tho with most games like BF2,BF2142,CSS,Swat4 with my wireless

just cod4 kicks me when it loads a new map it comes up with server disconnected 90% of the time.

And im only usin my laptop until i get a new monitor for my pc cause it died on me. :(

My Pc specs are kinda sucky but they get the job done for me

----------------------------

Nvidia 6800 GT

Amd Athlon 3200+

2 GB DDRam

I dont do too bad with wireless on my laptop, pings are a little higher then my desktop but not by much. My laptop wont run cod4 but on cod2 there is only like a difference of 50 in ping but also i have a straight shot to my router, no wall or doors in the way.

try changing this is your config_mp.cfg

seta cl_connectionAttempts "60" (default 10 I believe unless altered by a patch)

also the server has a similar setting that can make this a problem for clients with slower map loading times, but as thats server side you can't change it...

edit, in case any admins want this setting for their pub servers

sv_connecttimeout

set to 120 or something like that

Edited by EDom - Shiver

Well I can most definitely rule out a bad internet connection. I am running FIOS 20mb/10mb. I was not having this issue until the 1.4 patch. Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with PB, but I believe it's a Master Server issue. The reason I feel it has nothing to do with PB is because you don't even get logged into the server, nor are you kicked from a server. The message simply states the Server Disconnected.