Punkbuster

DaBoobNoob

Hello i was wondering if anyone had any info on fear combat. i was an administrator that was streaming until pb & pbbans dropped it.

What i want to know is can i still use punkbuster for my fear combat server? Is it kicking any cheaters? Does the webtool still work? or should i just turn it off?

Edited by DaBoobNoob

Several servers are still running PunkBuster and it seems to be running relatively OK. The only problem is that clients with out-of-date PB files won't be able to update them and join your server.

I've seen many servers disable PunkBuster to avoid this, but sadly it opens the game to more hackers :(

Everything still works, just we have lost punkbuster support.

If you need help check the stickies 5chaap2k posted a link to some player PB fixs. If you need more help you can pm me and i'll help you.

Edited by FuZZie

Ok so acoording to that post the webtool should work?. for some reason for me it doesn't anymore. I haven't changed any server configs. i now get a blank page. I've set this webtool up a few times on various fear combat servers, so i can't understand what happened or what i'm forgetting to do. I thought you just create a pbsv.cfg file with the proper commands and your done.

Edited by DaBoobNoob

recheck your cfg's check if the port u set for webtool isnt blocked on a firewall and try restarting the server

Here's where i think the problem stems from. I used my hosts tca panel to update pb within the last week, when it completed & restarted punkbuster was disabled with all configs saying it was enabled. no webtool no punkbuster & "no configs were changed" punkbuster did this all on it's own. I managed to get pb back on by uploading files from my pc, but still no webtool.

i checked my configs. everything is just as it was when it was working. I talked to my game hosts they confirm no ports are blocked.

Do i need to add a load command like "pb_sv_load pbsv.cfg" into the pbsvgame.cfg or some command in the serveroptions file?

here is the commands i have in my pbsv.cfg

pb_sv_httpPort 27888

pb_sv_httpAddr serverIp

pb_sv_httpKey password

Thanks for your time & help guys

PS. does anyone out there still have a working webtool for fear combat? are we 100% it is still working?

Edited by DaBoobNoob

I'v always used the gameport. in the past it's been the only port that would give me access. As i stated it was working, probably for more than the last 6 months, and now it doesn't.

Anyway if i were to use a different port, & if my server host doesn't use a firewall, shouldn't i be able to pick any port i want? or does my server host need to do something with the port 1st? because i have tried other ports already with 0 luck.

Edited by DaBoobNoob

Just so you guys know it still will work on the game port (just tested that).

5chaap2k is right though, using another port should help to make game play smoother ;)

Edited by FuZZie

Hi guys,

Me too, i have the same problem with port.... i Have change it and nothing want start...

I have change to provider, but before i can used it with no poblem.

I have contact my provider and i wait his answer..

I could inform you later to the End...Before end of FEAR.... :unsure:

You still should be able to run it on the default game port as it's open all ready for the game.

It gives you a place to start from, and a temporary fix until your host gets back to you. ;)

• 1 month later...

hey thank you all. It's up and running. :)

u may find that players log in and get pb init fail. we solved this by allowing them to turn pb_security to off in there txt bar, it still allows your admins to use webtool but stops players getting kicked for outdated pb files. they still need pb.a/b active on there system though