Streaming And Banlist

ES-Phoenix

Hey Guys

Being new here I am still working out how things work.

According to my status my servers are streaming okay but how does this work. I was under the assumption that the streaming would create your banlist on my servers and update them when streaming but I see no banlist.

I am also new to the COD series of games so some of the jargon is confusing.

I have been into the master ban index on the site and see that I can generate a banlist but the banlist is pbbans.dat to which I already have a file from PsB named that.

So do I need to generate a banlist and FTP it to my servers manually??

I have read thru your forums and just get confused .. :rolleyes:

Hmm

Also just noticed that PBBANS is now adding bans to my pbbans.dat file but the pbbans.dat file is different on my 2 servers, 1 has 2 entries from you guys the other has about 12 entries ??

Under your account manager, uncheck "accept hub bans", and check "enforce bans".

This leaves your ban list free for your local bans and bans from sites such as PsB.

When a client connects to your server, their GUID is checked against the MBI. If they're on the MBI, they're kicked and banned from your server.

So, a shorter, more efficient ban list, without compromise. Also, if you do this, there's no uploading ban lists via ftp :)

So the MBI is located here and not on my server ?? And when a client connects it is checked through here and not a banlist on my local machine ??

If this is the case and someone banned on the MBI tries to join my server and is kicked is this then written into a file on my server or not ??

So many questions :)

So the MBI is located here and not on my server ?? And when a client connects it is checked through here and not a banlist on my local machine ??

MBI = Master ban index, which is held here.

If this is the case and someone banned on the MBI tries to join my server and is kicked is this then written into a file on my server or not ??

Correct (if 'enforce bans' is checked of course ;))

So many questions :)

thats the 'enforce bans' (hub flag) concept.

more answers here B)