Oh Dear:-(

WQQDY

I believe you know Haggis? He was on our server last night and spotted a hacker called Dingalong (Or similar). Anyways we got chatting and he said to say hello to Fozzer, so hi mate.

He said to get your downloads to help catch cheaters as he realised we hate the buggers and want a clean server, but I'm lost already :(

We rent a server thro Game-serve (Not Dedi) and we use their Contol-4U panel or try to. Because we're newish to running a server we only use this panel when we have to cause we are real dumn. I downloaded rconmax which is brilliant and easy to use, and does all the comands we need right now.

Ok so question:

We want to do the streaming but I'm lost with all the downloads that may be needed. Can you tell me from what I've put here which downloads we actualy need? And will this effect anything when we join say Enemy Down League matches. :blink:

COD4 32 server

Our server is 78.110.160.70:28960

Listed as aaa[LoG]RankedMixGaming

Edited by WQQDY

First, fill out the application form here:

http://www.pbbans.com/account_application.php

Once you have done that, use your rcon admin program to enter these commands

pb_sv_update

... wait 90 seconds

pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

pb_sv_restart

... wait 20 seconds

pb_sv_task 50 3600 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_usessionlimit 3

pb_sv_autoupdban 1

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub

pb_sv_writecfg

Once an admin has accpeted your application you will be done.

An enemydown requirement is for your server to be streaming which will allow you to host official matches once its all set up.

I believe you know Haggis? He was on our server last night and spotted a hacker called Dingalong (Or similar). Anyways we got chatting and he said to say hello to Fozzer, so hi mate.

He said to get your downloads to help catch cheaters as he realised we hate the buggers and want a clean server, but I'm lost already :(

We rent a server thro Game-serve (Not Dedi) and we use their Contol-4U panel or try to. Because we're newish to running a server we only use this panel when we have to cause we are real dumn. I downloaded rconmax which is brilliant and easy to use, and does all the comands we need right now.

Ok so question:

We want to do the streaming but I'm lost with all the downloads that may be needed. Can you tell me from what I've put here which downloads we actualy need? And will this effect anything when we join say Enemy Down League matches. :blink:

COD4 32 server

Our server is 78.110.160.70:28960

Listed as aaa[LoG]RankedMixGaming

Hi Woody :)

I know it all looks a bit daunting to anyone who is new to the admin game, but it really does not take long to get the hang of admining a game server by utilising pb to its full extent.

A few rcon commands (thanks for your input FIGHTER_JH) is all it takes to initiate streaming.

You fill in a team account application and once added to the PBBans system and streaming is confirmed you will have access to the cvar/md5 scans that will keep your server as cheat free as humanly possible.

PBBans uses a modern streaming method that will also help to keep those private/paid for cheats off your server as well.

Streaming not only helps keep your server clean, you will also be doing the whole community a favour because if a cheater is detected on 1 Hub streaming server he will also be banned off every other PBBans protected server, instantly.

We currently have 1322 streaming cod4 servers (and rising daily), thats a lot of servers that a cheater can not get into.

If you need any help setting things up you can ask questions on here and either a PBBans staff member or a fellow streaming game admin will point you in the right direction.

We also have an irc channel were you can talk directly to PBBans staff (just click the PBBans irc tab at the top of this page)

Haggis is a good guy, and nice to see he is still alive and kicking :)

The advice he has given you has started you off in the right direction, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Haggis is a good guy, and nice to see he is still alive and kicking :)

Lol still alive you old dog you, look after these guys blatent aimbot on their server taking the mick.

Hope everyone is ok and love to you all

Peace

@wqqdy stick at it takes a few days for the server to settle down but after that you'll be suprised how many try to connect and wont be allowed due to hacking

hope everything works out for you and if Im on I'll try to help as much as possible.

You can always speak to Fozzer about getting a Jolt server, they rock :)

Edited by Haggis

Lo Haggis :)

long time no see m8.

A few rcon commands;

pb_sv_restart

PB_SV_USessionLimit 3

pb_sv_task 10 7200 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

pb_sv_writecfg

apply for a team account;

Once you get streaming;

open team account/view servers/edit flags/uncheck accept Hub bans/check enforce bans.

This means that you never have to download/update any banlist.

The Hub will check every connecting player against the MBI and issue a kick/ban command if the player appears on the MBI.

Because the Hub checks every player and not the server it will save vital server resources.

Even if an admin wipes clean the server pbbans.dat by mistake, anyone on the MBI will still be prevented from joining your server.

Thanks for that mate.

Just one question: Our clan name is League of Gentlemen but we chose aaa[LoG]RankedMixGaming for peeps browsing COD4 listing. Does this make a difference, or is it just the IP that's used.

Lo Haggis :)

long time no see m8.

A few rcon commands;

pb_sv_restart

PB_SV_USessionLimit 3

pb_sv_task 10 7200 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

pb_sv_writecfg

apply for a team account;

Once you get streaming;

open team account/view servers/edit flags/uncheck accept Hub bans/check enforce bans.

This means that you never have to download/update any banlist.

The Hub will check every connecting player against the MBI and issue a kick/ban command if the player appears on the MBI.

Because the Hub checks every player and not the server it will save vital server resources.

Even if an admin wipes clean the server pbbans.dat by mistake, anyone on the MBI will still be prevented from joining your server.