Question about a ban

xJumper

I used to play bf2 and then moved on to bf2142 I have had a widescreen ever since I could remember and soooo many games never supported theme so I would allways use widescreen strechers or fixers.

Anyway so I thought to go back to bf2 just for some fun with old freinds on my favorite servers and I was banned, so I thought to myself what have I done so I tried other servers and I was able to get it. So I took this up with evenbalance and they said I should talk to you guys about my ban at pbbans.

Is their some kind of proof you have of me cheating like a screen shot or something because as far as I know using widescreen fixers are not cheats.

I found my info on the master player ban index.

- <Ban> <BanID>41261</BanID> <Date>Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:48:24 -0500</Date> <GameName>BattleField 2</GameName> <GUID>349c2f5ffd721bf5fb5aa7486d7880eb</GUID> <Alias>Jumper_26</Alias> <UserIP>70.52.133.88</UserIP> <Violation>VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #89105</Violation> <ViolInfo>Violation (GAMEHACK) #89105</ViolInfo> <ServerIP>74.52.36.34:16567</ServerIP> <ServerTag>i365</ServerTag> </Ban>

• 3 weeks later...

The widescreen fix app that triggered that violation was released Nov 3, 2007, your ban predates that. I know the author of it and only version 1.30 triggered it.

Well I dont know realy about what software I was using and ever since what happend I stoped using any fixers but I know I have beta tested a few of those kind of programs and theirs sooo many on the internet, how could you be sure were on the same page here.

Maybe it was a beta fixer that I tried out or maybe a downgraded video card driver I tried out during that time. I dont realy know what trigered it but I know I dont have any cheats on my PC and I dont see why I should be banned from all the servers I love because some third party hub picked up something that they think is a cheat.

Your better off appealing to Evenbalance, ask them about the violation code, tell them what "beta" software you were running. If EB lifts #89105 then Pbbans will remove your ban.

Your Gamehack violation pre dates the release of the widescreen issue anyway, so maybe opening a troubleticket with EB might shed some light on why you raised a banable violation, detected directly by PunkBuster

Ok will do but what the heck is PsB or whatever? Are you saying that theirs lots of sites that run all sorts of third party hubs like you guys and I have to apeal from ALL of theme?

Ok will do but what the heck is PsB or whatever? Are you saying that theirs lots of sites that run all sorts of third party hubs like you guys and I have to apeal from ALL of theme?

There are just 2 reputable anti cheat sites that offer support for all PB enabled games.

You are busted on both of them.

You may be busted on other sites, I just checked the big 2.

After you get a response from your troubleticket, here are the appeal links for both sites.

Please include your troubleticket link if you are appealing the PBBans ban.

http://www.pbbans.com/appeal_ban.php

http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.php/Appealing_A_Ban

You should be absolutely clear, that a full blown PB software banable detection that makes it onto the MBI, will never be lifted unless EB say the detection is not valid.

If eb say the detection is valid, the ban will remain in place.