Administrative Scripts

Merlintime

I'm hoping to get some assistance with creating some server admin scripts. Example: Have a script to quickly set the gametype and restart the map or quickly set other game variables. I've been working a simple one but it seems to cause the server to become unresponsive.

Start Code:

set g_gametype koth

wait 5

map_restart

End Code:

I'd save the code as gamekoth.cfg, perform an /rcon exec gamekoth.cfg in the console. The script seems to execute but causes the server to hang.

Entering the commands outside of the script work fine.

Basically I'm attempting to make it easier to switch the server set up around without messing the default files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

http://www.codhq.com/

Grab a copy of Modern Rcon at the link above, and if need be, simply run it in the background. You can alter maps, game-types, give rcon commands, make changes to various things while the server is running. Simply minimize the game with the Windows Start key, make your changes, and re-enter the game.

Another option is to create different server.cfg files, naming them in some sort of sequence known to you and have the different types of game-types and map rotations set up. You can then simply run an rcon command of exec server.cfg (sequence number or name of particular config) and the server will load it, if you do this from the console while in-game.

Example. server.cfg is your default that the server will run with a hard-reboot from your control panel. Say it runs stock maps, ranked, in TDM.

server2.cfg could be city maps only, running in DM or search and destroy, or what-ever game-type you choose.

You login with /rcon_password "rconpassnoquotes" and type in exec server2.cfg file, the server does a soft reboot, and the new config takes effect without kicking all of your players.

I certainaly appreciate the response. I've been using RCON Commander but after seeing ModernRcon, RCON Commander seems a bit sluggish. ModernRcon seems to be a more streamlined and easier to use.

Thanks again! :)

Glad to be of help. :) I gotta say, since I discovered Modern Rcon, I've not bothered looking at other programs for running the server remotely. HLSW, how-ever, is an excellent server admin tool as well, and it's also free. There are instructions on the forum on how to set it up as well, found here.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11208

The one nice thing about HLSW is that you can monitor several servers remotely at one time, from one very handy little program, even accross different gaming platforms.

I'm hoping to get some assistance with creating some server admin scripts. Example: Have a script to quickly set the gametype and restart the map or quickly set other game variables. I've been working a simple one but it seems to cause the server to become unresponsive.

Start Code:

set g_gametype koth

wait 5

map_restart

End Code:

I'd save the code as gamekoth.cfg, perform an /rcon exec gamekoth.cfg in the console. The script seems to execute but causes the server to hang.

Entering the commands outside of the script work fine.

Basically I'm attempting to make it easier to switch the server set up around without messing the default files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

First off: ditch g_gametype, use gametype My bad, used a wrong setting I apparently got from somewhere..., anyways stick with g_gametype (sry)

Try this:

(rcon program)

Execute 1: rcon login PASS; wait 200; rcon g_gametype koth

Execute 2: rcon map_restart

(Don't think you can do both g_gametype and map_restart in the same command)

Myself use a self made Copy & Paste program, simple but effective, I just select what I want it to do and the then use console ingame:

Execute 1: /rcon login PASS; wait 200; rcon g_gametype koth

Execute 2: /rcon map_restart

Maybe this will work :)

PS:

You can try:

rcon program: rcon login PASS; wait 200; rcon g_gametype koth; wait 200; rcon map_restart

console: /rcon login PASS; wait 200; rcon g_gametype koth; wait 200; rcon map_restart

But as I said, I don't think you can execute two main server changes at once.

EDIT: Just tested if you could execute both, but you cant, divide them and you will be fine :)

Edited by hugin