MD5 Check question

wraithwingus

I pulled my logs this monring and i noticed some MD5 check errors. The frist error is this

[01.31.2008 22:14:58] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9013: <user name removed> (slot #5) Ignoring MD5Tool Queries [<GUID Removed>(VALID) 68.193.18.167:28960]

Why would PB ignore this request? Shouldnt it have just kicked the player?

The second error is this

[01.29.2008 22:42:22] VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) #9002: <user name removed> (slot #5) MD5Tool Mismatch: Mods/ModWarfare/z_modwarfare.iwd (len=2048) [<GUID Removed>(VALID) 75.108.39.125:28960]

Why would the mods folder need to be checked? and what would cause this check to fail?

Ignoring queries is a commonly seen kick, the player concerned has a crap internet connection and his PB client did not respond quickly enough.

The other kick is for a mismatch of a stock file, we do not support stock file checks so I take it you stream to psb as well, I guess you will have to wait for them to come back online to ask them the question.

In the meantime you can remove that check or comment it out by placing // in front of it, if that particular check is causing a problem.

i also stream psb and using their recomended configs i got a ton of kicks for 2 of the md5 checks, so did lots of other admins.

i edited the pbsvuser.cfg to take out 2 md5 checks causing problems

//pb_sv_md5tool w "1.4" v Mods/ModWarfare/7za.exe SZ476672 AT0 LEN2048 2638F3D7DC519F262AD2F1B1BBD930C9

//pb_sv_md5tool a "1.4" v Mods/ModWarfare/z_modwarfare.iwd SZ178745 AT0 LEN2048 6BA323635BD28AD167B70100DCC8E1C8

I have since read on a few places that md5 checks are pretty much useless in cod4 anyhow. I just removed those lines. They seem to be nothing but trouble anyhow.

Thats a flawed statement Bro :)

MD5 checks for any game are a very important and completely trustworthy way of scanning for cheat files.

Scanning stock files is completely useless.

Thats a flawed statement Bro :)

MD5 checks for any game are a very important and completely trustworthy way of scanning for cheat files.

Scanning stock files is completely useless.

good to know. Thanks for the info.