Using a punkbuster config other then pbsv.cfg??

=)BiT(=Clan

As the title implies, is there away to use a punkbuster config without using pbsv.cfg???

We play CoD4 in TWL and they require that we use their punkbuster config for match play. And you are not allowed to edit the config which means we are not able to stream to PB Bans , not to mention I don't really like some of the settings TWL have chosen.

Is there a way that I can keep the twl PB config ( pbsv.cfg ) on the server in the PB folder but use a different config ( we will call it pbsvs.cfg for arguments sake ) when we have our server open to the public?? Is there a way I can load it in-game via Rcon , or perhaps in the punkbuster webtool, or even in the server startup parameters??

All help and advice is much appreciated.

Name it what ever you want and have your server config start it.

Add:

exec mynewpbsvname.cfg

Edit - Sorry didn't read your whole post :rolleyes:

Put the pbsv.cfg and your newlynamed.cfg both in the "main folder"

and upload different server.cfgs with the appropriate "exec line"

to run the pb.cfg you want to run.

My best guess.

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll

Name it what ever you want and have your server config start it.

Add:

exec mynewpbsvname.cfg

Edit - Sorry didn't read your whole post :rolleyes:

Put the pbsv.cfg and your newlynamed.cfg both in the "main folder"

and upload different server.cfgs with the appropriate "exec line"

to run the pb.cfg you want to run.

My best guess.

No man that didn't do it :( . Does anyone have any other ideas?? There must be loads of clans that have had to do this in the past .

Just use their config but add the checks from here. That's what I use to do at TWL when we matched in Raven Shield. We had only one person complain about our extra checks and that was the leader of the Safeway Clan, who was later busted for hacking.

If someone complains about the extra checks, don't match them.

Edited by Tabasco

I'd use a pb_sv_load instead of exec command, but that's almost the same.

The thing is, if the pbsv.cfg is loaded after server.cfg, it could overwrite your custom commands...

What you should do is just run it via RCON, as you proposed, or via the PB WebTool.

Just put your custom commands in a file, then do pb_sv_load thatfile.cfg via RCON/WebTool.

If you just want to set up streaming to PBBans you can also do it only via RCON or the WebTool without touching the config files : http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=hubguide#rcon or http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=hubguide#webtool

We play CoD4 in TWL and they require that we use their punkbuster config for match play. And you are not allowed to edit the config which means we are not able to stream to PB Bans , not to mention I don't really like some of the settings TWL have chosen.

Not true at all! Streaming to PBBans is optional, just add it to your pbsvlog.cfg along with your PsB info.

And you are not allowed to edit the config which means we are not able to stream to PB Bans , not to mention I don't really like some of the settings TWL have chosen.

Well, you will have to stick to the rules re match settings (no comment, not my party anyway), if it is about the streaming setup only: worth a try was to put the two lines pb_sv_usessionlimit 3 and pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub into pb/pbsvuser.cfg "PunkBuster loads pbsvuser.cfg on startup to contain any admin supplied PB commands/settings that shouldn't be overwritten by pb_sv_writecfg" - to have the server streaming after all restarts, assumed pb/pbucon.use is still present ;)