Shrubbot

Relentless

Well, I have a question here for any PB Admin...

The other day I was asking around on the CoD4 forums (oscardelta...), about how the servers are adminned, and mentioned shrubbot. One of the people there replied, and I quote:

- Sorry dude, its just BS and those servers and admins should be perma-banned!

- Matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it. Report these scripts to PB!

They never really considered scanning a server it's self, 'bout time they do!

- Oh I dont speak for Punk Buster, I speak to them.

And report cheating little admins such as yourself and Bunker

whoever? bunker is? BTW, been around FPS a very very long time

Dont matter what you have done for them in the past, a cheat is a cheat is a cheat!

And admins who cheat are an even lower form of life than the aimbotters running around!

Another PUNK BUSTED, via self admission!

So, my question is (I guess you can call it that), what is Punk Buster's OFFICIAL stance on Shrubbot.

Shrubbot is the most basic admin_mod on ETPub, NQ, and Jaymod servers. For a quick refresher, it is the !kick, !warn, !ban, !listplayers, etc... commands.

I'd hazard a guess that the person making that statement has no knowledge of what shrubbot is?

Pretty sure Even Balance never released a statement on shrubbot and don't have any reason to criticize it anyway. It's been a part of many Enemy Territory mods for a while now and there's no way it's a cheat.

I'd hazard a guess that the person making that statement has no knowledge of what shrubbot is?

Pretty sure Even Balance never released a statement on shrubbot and don't have any reason to criticize it anyway. It's been a part of many Enemy Territory mods for a while now and there's no way it's a cheat.

Well, he's saying that he talks to PB and EB, and that they are going to start 'banning' servers and clans for running it...

I'm 99.9% certain that he's just blowing smoke, but still, just want to be safe.

He also calls it a script. Whilst is uses a config as a means of storing data, it's coded into the mod itself. So unless he also plans on reporting the developers of Jaymod, NoQuarter, ETPub and similar mods he isn't going to get very far at all.

TBH I'd say he's just "blowing smoke" as you said.

Shrubmod has it's roots in RtCW, but the shrubbot admin system wasn't implemented until ET. Shrub's admin system in RtCW wasn't as advanced and I seem to remember it only having one "admin level" known as "Rcon lite".